Enjoy a movie in the parks across Lehigh Valley! Hollywood stars and characters return to Lehigh Valley skies this summer, as Movies in the Parks bring big-screen entertainment to local parks across Lehigh Valley. From classics of the Golden Age of Hollywood and retro childhood favorites, to the best family-friendly box office favorites from recent years, you'll be sure to enjoy the screen under the stars. All movies begin at dusk. If you're unsure when dusk is, visit any weather site to see the time of dusk each day. Check the individual Facebook pages for daily listings and weather-related cancellations.
There’s no shortage of showings (and food trucks) to check out; see the full lineup below.
ArtsWalk Pocket Park, 65 N. Church St., Allentown, PA 18101
The ArtsWalk Pocket Park is showing a variety of movies for Outdoor Movie Night in Pocket Park that everyone will enjoy on the second Friday of the month (rain date is the last Friday of the month, after Comedy Night). Grab some refreshments at the before the show starts. Limited seating availability. Please bring your own chair. Don’t forget to take advantage of the FREE parking deck. Start times vary based on dusk/sunset.
Friday, June 11 – Grease (PG). Starts 9 p.m. Good girl Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) and greaser Danny Zuko (John Travolta) fell in love over the summer. When they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance? Watch the trailer.
Friday, July 9 – Mean Girls (PG-13). Starts 9 p.m. Teenage Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) was educated in Africa by her scientist parents. When her family moves to the suburbs of Illinois, Cady finally gets to experience public school and gets a quick primer on the cruel, tacit laws of popularity that divide her fellow students into tightly knit cliques. She unwittingly finds herself in the good graces of an elite group of cool students dubbed "the Plastics," but Cady soon realizes how her shallow group of new friends earned this nickname. Watch the trailer.
Friday, August 13 – Ferris Bueller's Day Off (PG-13). Starts 9 p.m. A high school wise guy (Matthew Broderick) is determined to have a day off from school, despite what the Principal (Jeffrey Jones) thinks of that. Watch the trailer.
Friday, September 10 – Coco (PG). Starts 8 p.m. Despite his family's generations-old ban on music, young Miguel (Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz (Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history. Watch the trailer.
Friday, October 8 – Nightmare Before Christmas (PG). Starts 7 p.m. Jack Skellington (Danny Elfman), king of Halloween Town, discovers Christmas Town, but his attempts to bring Christmas to his home causes confusion. Watch the trailer.
Grange Park, 360 Grange Rd., Allentown, PA 18106
Local organizations often participate and provide fun activities prior to the movie. Pre-movie activities begin at 7 p.m.; movies start at dusk.
Friday May 21 – The Croods A New Age (PG). The Croods must find a new home. They set off into uncharted waters, and soon enough, they come upon a haven that can provide for their needs. Unfortunately, there is a small problem: another family has already taken residence in the area. Watch the trailer.
Friday, June 4 – Trolls: World Tour (PG). Branch (Justin Timberlake) and Poppy (Anna Kendrick) must unite and protect the other musical troll kingdoms they discover when their unique musical styles are threatened by the sinister heavy metal couple King Thrash and Queen Barb. Watch the trailer.
Friday, July 16 – The Princess Bride (PG). A bedtime story that has been passed down through generations comes alive is this classic tale of love and adventure as the beautiful Buttercup (Robin Wright) is kidnapped and held against her will in order to marry the odious Prince, and Westley (Cary Elwes) (her childhood beau, now the Dread Pirate Roberts) attempts to save her. On the way he meets a swordsman and a huge, super strong giant who become his companions in his quest to rescue Buttercup. Watch the trailer.
Friday, August 13 – Black Panther (PG-13). A superhero known as Black Panther (Chadwick Boseman) defends Wakanda, a technologically advanced country in Africa that has hidden itself away from the rest of the world. Now, he must face a dissident who wants to sell the country’s natural resources to fund an uprising. Watch the trailer.
Friday, September 10 – Playing with Fire (PG). A fire superintendent (John Cena) and his crew of smoke jumpers find themselves in over their heads after they rescue three siblings in the path of a wildfire, but are forced to babysit the unruly and unpredictable youngsters while they try to locate their parents. Watch the trailer.
The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley, 2845 Center Valley Pkwy, Center Valley, PA 18034
- June 21 – Onward (PG). Teenage elf brothers Ian (Tom Holland) and Barley (Chris Pratt) embark on a magical quest to spend one more day with their late father. Like any good adventure, their journey is filled with cryptic maps, impossible obstacles and unimaginable discoveries. But when dear Mom finds out her sons are missing, she teams up with the legendary manticore to bring her beloved boys back home. Watch the trailer.
- July 19 – Trolls (PG). After the Bergens invade Troll Village, Poppy (Anna Kendrick), the happiest Troll ever born, and the overly-cautious, curmudgeonly Branch (Justin Timberlake) set off on a journey to rescue her friends. Their mission is full of adventure and mishaps, as this mismatched duo try to tolerate each other long enough to get the job done. Watch the trailer.
- August 16 – Raya and the Last Dragon (PG). Long ago, in the fantasy world of Kumandra, humans and dragons lived together in harmony. However, when sinister monsters known as the Druun threatened the land, the dragons sacrificed themselves to save humanity. Now, 500 years later, those same monsters have returned, and it's up to a lone warrior to track down the last dragon and stop the Druun for good. Watch the trailer.
Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks™, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA 18015
Guests attending the Summer Family Movies Series presented by UGI Utilities, Inc. are invited to bring their blankets and lawn chairs to sit on as they enjoy movies under the stars. Free parking is available at the parking lots on First Street immediately adjacent to SteelStacks™; food and beverages will be available at the Mack Truck Stop at the Levitt Pavilion, as well as the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, located across the street from the Levitt Pavilion. All English films will have Spanish subtitles, and all Spanish films will have English subtitles. Movies begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 26 – Mary Poppins Returns (2018) (PG). Now an adult with three children, bank teller Michael Banks learns that his house will be repossessed in five days unless he can pay back a loan. His only hope is to find a missing certificate that shows proof of valuable shares that his father left him years earlier. Just as all seems lost, Michael and his sister receive the surprise of a lifetime when Mary Poppins -- the beloved nanny from their childhood -- arrives to save the day and take the Banks family on a magical, fun-filled adventure. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, June 1 – Buscando a Nemo (2003) En Español (G). Marlin (Albert Brooks), un pez payaso, es demasiado cauteloso con su hijo, Nemo (Alexander Gould), que tiene una aleta en escorzo. Cuando Nemo nada demasiado cerca de la superficie para demostrar su valía, un buceador lo atrapa y Marlin, horrorizado, debe salir a buscarlo. Un pez de arrecife azul llamado Dory (Ellen DeGeneres), que tiene muy poca memoria, se une a Marlin y complica los encuentros con tiburones, medusas y una serie de peligros oceánicos. Mientras tanto, Nemo planea su escape de la pecera de un dentista. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, June 2 – Finding Nemo (2003) (G). Marlin (Albert Brooks), a clown fish, is overly cautious with his son, Nemo (Alexander Gould), who has a foreshortened fin. When Nemo swims too close to the surface to prove himself, he is caught by a diver, and horrified Marlin must set out to find him. A blue reef fish named Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) -- who has a really short memory -- joins Marlin and complicates the encounters with sharks, jellyfish, and a host of ocean dangers. Meanwhile, Nemo plots his escape from a dentist's fish tank. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, June 30 – The Lego Movie (2014) (PG). Emmet (Chris Pratt), an ordinary LEGO figurine who always follows the rules, is mistakenly identified as the Special -- an extraordinary being and the key to saving the world. He finds himself drafted into a fellowship of strangers who are on a mission to stop an evil tyrant's (Will Ferrell) plans to conquer the world. Unfortunately for Emmet, he is hopelessly -- and hilariously -- unprepared for such a task, but he'll give it his all nonetheless. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, July 6 – The Emperor’s New Groove (2000) En Español (G). El arrogante y joven emperador Kuzco se transforma en llama por su consejera hambrienta de poder, la tortuosa diva Yzma. Varado en la jungla, la única oportunidad que tiene Kuzco de volver a casa y recuperar la buena vida reside en un campesino de buen corazón llamado Pacha. Juntos, deben devolver a Kuzco al trono antes de que Yzma los rastree y acabe con él. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 7 – The Emperor’s New Groove (2000) (G). Arrogant young Emperor Kuzco is transformed into a llama by his power-hungry advisor -- the devious diva Yzma. Stranded in the jungle, Kuzco's only chance to get back home and reclaim the high life rests with a good-hearted peasant named Pacha. Together, they must return Kuzco to the throne before Yzma tracks them down and finishes him off. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 14 – Onward (2020) (PG). Teenage elf brothers Ian and Barley embark on a magical quest to spend one more day with their late father. Like any good adventure, their journey is filled with cryptic maps, impossible obstacles and unimaginable discoveries. But when dear Mom finds out her sons are missing, she teams up with the legendary manticore to bring her beloved boys back home. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 21 – Paddington (2014) (PG). After a deadly earthquake destroys his home in Peruvian rainforest, a young bear (Ben Whishaw) makes his way to England in search of a new home. The bear, dubbed "Paddington" for the london train station, finds shelter with the family of Henry (Hugh Bonneville) and Mary Brown (Sally Hawkins). Although Paddington's amazement at urban living soon endears him to the Browns, someone else has her eye on him: Taxidermist Millicent Clyde (Nicole Kidman) has designs on the rare bear and his hide. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 28 – How to Train Your Dragon (2010) (PG). Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) is a Norse teenager from the island of Berk, where fighting dragons is a way of life. His progressive views and weird sense of humor make him a misfit, despite the fact that his father (Gerard Butler) is chief of the clan. Tossed into dragon-fighting school, he endeavors to prove himself as a true Viking, but when he befriends an injured dragon he names Toothless, he has the chance to plot a new course for his people's future. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, August 3 – Moana (2016) En Español (PG). Una adolescente aventurera se embarca en una atrevida misión para salvar a su pueblo. Durante su viaje, Moana conoce al una vez poderoso semidiós Maui, quien la guía en su búsqueda para convertirse en un buscador de caminos maestro. Juntos navegan a través del océano abierto en un viaje lleno de acción, encontrándose con monstruos enormes y probabilidades imposibles. En el camino, Moana cumple la antigua búsqueda de sus antepasados y descubre lo único que siempre buscó: su propia identidad. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, August 4 – Moana (2016) (PG). An adventurous teenager sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master way-finder. Together they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds. Along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she always sought: her own identity. Watch the trailer.
Forks Township Amphitheater, 500 Zucksville Rd., Easton, PA 18040
Join Forks Township Parks and Recreation for an evening in front of the BIG Screen. Movies begin at dusk; you are encouraged to bring your own lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the show.
- Saturday, June 26 – Beauty and the Beast (PG). An arrogant prince (Dan Stevens) is cursed to live as a terrifying beast until he finds true love. Strangely, his chance comes when he captures an unwary clockmaker, whose place is then taken by his bold and beautiful daughter Belle (Emma Watson). Helped by the Beast's similarly enchanted servants, including a clock, a teapot and a candelabra, Belle begins to see the sensitive soul behind the fearsome facade. But as time runs out, it soon becomes obvious that Belle's cocky suitor Gaston is the real beast of the piece. Watch the trailer.
- Saturday, July 10 – Call of the Wild (PG). Buck is a big-hearted dog whose blissful domestic life gets turned upside down when he is suddenly uprooted from his California home and transplanted to the exotic wilds of the Alaskan Yukon in the 1890s. As the newest rookie on a mail-delivery dog sled team, Buck experiences the adventure of a lifetime as he ultimately finds his true place in the world. Watch the trailer.
- Saturday, July 31 – Onward (PG). Teenage elf brothers Ian and Barley embark on a magical quest to spend one more day with their late father. Like any good adventure, their journey is filled with cryptic maps, impossible obstacles and unimaginable discoveries. But when dear Mom finds out her sons are missing, she teams up with the legendary manticore to bring her beloved boys back home. Watch the trailer.
- Saturday, August 21 – The War with Grandpa (PG). Peter (Oakes Fegley) and his grandpa (Robert De Niro) used to be very close, but when Grandpa Jack moves in with the family, Peter is forced to give up his most prized possession: his bedroom. Peter will stop at nothing to get his room back, scheming with friends to devise a series of pranks to drive him out. However, grandpa doesn't give up easily, and it turns into an all-out war between the two. Watch the trailer.