Enjoy a movie in the parks across Lehigh Valley! Hollywood stars and characters return to Lehigh Valley skies this summer, as Movies in the Parks bring big-screen entertainment to local parks across Lehigh Valley. From classics of the Golden Age of Hollywood and retro childhood favorites, to the best family-friendly box office favorites from recent years, you'll be sure to enjoy the screen under the stars. All movies begin at dusk. If you're unsure when dusk is, visit any weather site to see the time of dusk each day. Check the individual Facebook pages for daily listings and weather-related cancellations.
There’s no shortage of showings (and food trucks) to check out; see the full lineup below.
South Whitehall Township Movies in the Parks, various Parks
South Whitehall Townships visits parks all over South Whitehall to bring you the 2022 Movies in the Park series. Gather your friends, neighbors, and family and join for these free family-friendly Movies in the Park. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs and arrive early to participate in the special South Whitehall Township Police Department (SWTPD) activity before each event and to get the best seat in the park. All titles subject to change based on availability.
Friday, May 20 – Luca (PG). Springhouse West, 4320 Farm Dr. Starts dusk; 8 p.m. Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, the original animated feature is a coming-of-age story about one young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. Luca shares these adventures with his newfound best friend, but all the fun is threatened by a deeply held secret: he is a sea monster from another world just below the water's surface. Watch the trailer.
Friday, June 3 – Clifford the Big Red Dog (PG). Wedgewood Park, 4010 Evergreen Rd. Starts dusk; 8 p.m. When Emily Elizabeth meets a magical animal rescuer who gives her a little red puppy, she never anticipated waking up to find a giant, 10-foot hound in her small New York City apartment. With her single mother away on business, Emily and her fun but impulsive uncle set out on an adventure that takes a bite out of the Big Apple. Watch the trailer.
Friday, August 12 – Encanto (PG). Fernwood Park, 1900 Molinaro Dr. Starts dusk; 9 p.m. The Madrigals are an extraordinary family who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia in a charmed place called the Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift -- every child except Mirabel. However, she soon may be the Madrigals last hope when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is now in danger. Watch the trailer.
Friday, August 26 – Sing 2 (PG). The Vistas Park, 5320 Clauser Rd. Starts dusk; 9 p.m. Can-do koala Buster Moon and his all-star cast of animal performers prepare to launch a dazzling stage extravaganza in the glittering entertainment capital of the world. There's just one hitch -- he has to find and persuade the world's most reclusive rock star to join them. What begins as Buster's dream of big-time success soon becomes an emotional reminder of the power of music to heal even the most broken heart. Watch the trailer.
Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks™, 101 Founders Way, Bethlehem, PA
Guests attending the Summer Family Movies Series presented by UGI Utilities, Inc. at SteelStacks™ are invited to bring their blankets and lawn chairs to sit on as they enjoy movies under the stars. Free parking is available at the parking lots on First Street immediately adjacent to SteelStacks™; food and beverages will be available at the Mack Truck Stop at the Levitt Pavilion, as well as the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, located across the street from the Levitt Pavilion. All English films will have Spanish subtitles, and all Spanish films will have English subtitles. Movies begin at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 25 – Sing 2 (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. Can-do koala Buster Moon and his all-star cast of animal performers prepare to launch a dazzling stage extravaganza in the glittering entertainment capital of the world. There's just one hitch -- he has to find and persuade the world's most reclusive rock star to join them. What begins as Buster's dream of big-time success soon becomes an emotional reminder of the power of music to heal even the most broken heart. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, May 31 – Coco En Español (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. A pesar de la prohibición de la música de su familia durante generaciones, el joven Miguel sueña con convertirse en un músico consumado como su ídolo Ernesto de la Cruz. Desesperado por demostrar su talento, Miguel se encuentra en la impresionante y colorida Tierra de los Muertos. Después de conocer a un encantador embaucador llamado Héctor, los dos nuevos amigos se embarcan en un viaje extraordinario para descubrir la verdadera historia detrás de la historia familiar de Miguel. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, June 1 – Coco (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. Despite his family's generations-old ban on music, young Miguel dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz. Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Héctor, the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel's family history. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, June 28 – Alice in Wonderland (1951) En Español (G). Starts 6:30 p.m. El amado cuento de fantasía de Lewis Carroll esta traído a la vida en este clásico animado de Disney. Cuando Alice (Kathryn Beaumont), una joven británica inquieta, cae por la madriguera de un conejo, entra en un mundo mágico. Allí se encuentra con una extraña variedad de personajes, incluido el sonriente Gato de Cheshire (Sterling Holloway) y el tonto Sombrerero Loco (Ed Wynn). Cuando Alice termina en la corte de la tiránica Reina de Corazones (Verna Felton), debe permanecer del lado bueno del gobernante o arriesgarse a perder la cabeza. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, June 29 – Alice in Wonderland (1951) (G). Starts 6:30 p.m. Lewis Carroll's beloved fantasy tale is brought to life in this Disney animated classic. When Alice (Kathryn Beaumont), a restless young British girl, falls down a rabbit hole, she enters a magical world. There she encounters an odd assortment of characters, including the grinning Cheshire Cat (Sterling Holloway) and the goofy Mad Hatter (Ed Wynn). When Alice ends up in the court of the tyrannical Queen of Hearts (Verna Felton), she must stay on the ruler's good side -- or risk losing her head. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, July 5 – Inside Out En Español (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. Riley (Kaitlyn Dias) es una niña del Medio Oeste de 11 años, feliz y amante del hockey, pero su mundo se pone patas arriba cuando ella y sus padres se mudan a San Francisco. Las emociones de Riley, dirigidas por Joy (Amy Poehler), intentan guiarla a través de este evento difícil que le cambiará la vida. Sin embargo, el estrés de la mudanza trae a Tristeza (Phyllis Smith) al frente. Cuando la Alegría y la Tristeza son arrastradas inadvertidamente a los confines de la mente de Riley, las únicas emociones que quedan en el Cuartel General son la Ira, el Miedo y el Disgusto. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 6 – Inside Out (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. Riley (Kaitlyn Dias) is a happy, hockey-loving 11-year-old Midwestern girl, but her world turns upside-down when she and her parents move to San Francisco. Riley's emotions -- led by Joy (Amy Poehler) -- try to guide her through this difficult, life-changing event. However, the stress of the move brings Sadness (Phyllis Smith) to the forefront. When Joy and Sadness are inadvertently swept into the far reaches of Riley's mind, the only emotions left in Headquarters are Anger, Fear and Disgust. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 13 – The Muppet Movie (1979) (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. After Kermit the Frog decides to pursue a movie career, he starts his cross-country trip from Florida to California. Along the way, he meets and befriends Fozzie Bear, Miss Piggy, Gonzo and rock musicians Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem. When Kermit is offered a job by Doc Hopper (Charles Durning) to advertise the fried frog legs at his restaurant chain, Kermit turns Hopper down. However, Hopper refuses to relent and pursues Kermit and his companions to a final showdown. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, July 19 – How to Train Your Dragon En Español (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. Hipo (Jay Baruchel) es un adolescente nórdico de la isla de Berk, donde luchar contra dragones es una forma de vida. Sus puntos de vista progresistas y su extraño sentido del humor lo convierten en un inadaptado, a pesar de que su padre (Gerard Butler) es el jefe del clan. Ingresado en la escuela de lucha contra dragones, se esfuerza por demostrar que es un verdadero vikingo, pero cuando se hace amigo de un dragón herido al que llama Chimuelo, tiene la oportunidad de trazar un nuevo rumbo para el futuro de su pueblo. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 20 – How to Train Your Dragon (PG). Starts at 6:30 p.m. Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) is a Norse teenager from the island of Berk, where fighting dragons is a way of life. His progressive views and weird sense of humor make him a misfit, despite the fact that his father (Gerard Butler) is chief of the clan. Tossed into dragon-fighting school, he endeavors to prove himself as a true Viking, but when he befriends an injured dragon he names Toothless, he has the chance to plot a new course for his people's future. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 27 – Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory (1971) (G). Starts at 6:30 p.m. The last of five coveted "golden tickets" falls into the hands of a sweet but very poor boy. He and his grandpa then get a tour of the strangest chocolate factory in the world. The owner leads five young winners on a thrilling and often dangerous tour of his factory. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, August 3 – Luca (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. Set in a beautiful seaside town on the Italian Riviera, the original animated feature is a coming-of-age story about one young boy experiencing an unforgettable summer filled with gelato, pasta and endless scooter rides. Luca shares these adventures with his newfound best friend, but all the fun is threatened by a deeply held secret: he is a sea monster from another world just below the water's surface. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, August 16 – Encanto En Español (PG). Los Madrigales son una familia extraordinaria quienes viven escondidos en las montañas de Colombia en un lugar hechizado llamado El Encanto. La magia del Encanto ha bendecido a cada niño de la familia con un regalo único: todos los niños excepto Mirabel. Sin embargo, pronto puede ser la última esperanza de Madrigal cuando descubre que la magia que rodea al Encanto está ahora en peligro. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, August 17 – Encanto (PG). Starts 6:30 p.m. The Madrigals are an extraordinary family who live hidden in the mountains of Colombia in a charmed place called the Encanto. The magic of the Encanto has blessed every child in the family with a unique gift -- every child except Mirabel. However, she soon may be the Madrigals last hope when she discovers that the magic surrounding the Encanto is now in danger. Watch the trailer.
Movie in the Community Park, 1401 Shimerville Rd., Emmaus, PA
Sing-along to Grease during Movie in the Park in the Emmaus Community Park. Movies are presented by Emmaus Borough, Emmaus Recreation & Entertainment Commission, Emmaus Arts Commission, and Emmaus Main Street Partners. Stay tuned for more dates/movies.
Saturday, May 28 – Grease (PG). Starts dusk. Good girl Sandy Olsson (Olivia Newton-John) and greaser Danny Zuko (John Travolta) fell in love over the summer. When they unexpectedly discover they're now in the same high school, will they be able to rekindle their romance? Watch the trailer.
Moore Township Movie in the Park, 635 English Rd, Bath, PA
Join the Moore Township Community Days Committee at the Borek Field at the Moore Township Rec Center for free movies under the stars. The park open at 6 p.m. along with the food stand and playground; movies start once it's dark, around 8:30 p.m. Please no outside food or drinks. Bring blankets and chairs to set up a comfy spot on the football field to watch the movie. All proceeds benefit the Moore Township Community Days.
Friday, May 20 – Addams Family (PG). Starts 8:30 p.m. When a man (Christopher Lloyd) claiming to be Fester, the missing brother of Gomez Addams (Raul Julia), arrives at the Addams' home, the family is thrilled. However, Morticia (Anjelica Huston) begins to suspect the man is a fraud, since he cannot recall details of Fester's life. With the help of lawyer Tully Alford (Dan Hedaya), Fester manages to get the Addams clan evicted from their home. Gomez realizes the two men are conspiring to swindle the Addams fortune and that he must challenge Fester. Watch the trailer.
Friday, July 15 – TBD.
Forks Township Amphitheater, 500 Zucksville Rd., Easton, PA
Join Forks Township Parks and Recreation for an evening in front of the BIG Screen. Movies begin at dusk; you are encouraged to bring your own lawn chair or blanket to enjoy the show.
Saturday, July 9 – Ghostbusters: Afterlife (PG-13). When a single mother and her two children move to a new town, they soon discover they have a connection to the original Ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind..
Saturday, July 23 – Jungle Cruise (PG-13). SDr. Lily Houghton enlists the aid of wisecracking skipper Frank Wolff to take her down the Amazon in his ramshackle boat. Together, they search for an ancient tree that holds the power to heal -- a discovery that will change the future of medicine..
Saturday, August 6 – The Greatest Showman (PG). Growing up in the early 1800s, P.T. Barnum displays a natural talent for publicity and promotion, selling lottery tickets by age 12. After trying his hands at various jobs, P.T. turns to show business to indulge his limitless imagination, rising from nothing to create the Barnum & Bailey circus. Featuring catchy musical numbers, exotic performers and daring acrobatic feats, Barnum's mesmerizing spectacle soon takes the world by storm to become the greatest show on Earth..
Saturday, August 20 – Dog (PG-13). With a dog named Lulu by his side, Army Ranger Briggs races down the Pacific Coast to make it to a soldier's funeral on time. Along the way, Briggs and Lulu drive each other completely crazy, break a handful of laws, narrowly evade death, and learn to let down their guards to have a fighting chance of finding happiness..
Grange Park, 360 Grange Rd., Allentown, PA
Local organizations often participate and provide fun activities prior to the movie. Pre-movie activities begin at 7 p.m.; movies start at dusk. Participating food trucks at Movies at Grange Park include Grateful Dog Food Truck, Kona Ice, Smokehouse Food Truck, and Taco Town.
Friday, June 3 – Encanto (PG). Deep in the Colombian mountains, the Madrigal family possesses an extraordinary secret. Each member of the family is able to perform magic. Yet at the heart of the family is 15-year-old Mirabel, who does not seem to possess any unusual abilities. Faced with this harsh reality, Mirabel struggles to reconcile her place within her family while searching for who she truly is. Watch the trailer.
Friday, July 22 – TBD at Lone Lane Park: Sing 2 (PG). Theater owner Buster Moon sets his sights on producing a brand-new musical with his troupe in the glamorous Redshore City. To gain the support of a ruthless music mogul, he pitches that he’ll feature Clay Calloway, a legendary but elusive rock singer as part of the show. Now, all the group needs to do is find the recluse and persuade him to perform with them. Watch the trailer.
Friday, August 12 – Ghostbusters Afterlife (PG-13). From director Jason Reitman and producer Ivan Reitman comes the next chapter in the original Ghostbusters universe. In Ghostbusters: Afterlife, when a single mom and her two kids arrive in a small town, they begin to discover their connection to the original ghostbusters and the secret legacy their grandfather left behind. The film is written by Gil Kenan & Jason Reitman..
Friday, September 9 – Hocus Pocus (PG). Three 17th-century witches, hanged for their murderous crimes, are resurrected on Halloween in modern-day Salem by an unsuspecting boy, who must now figure out how to get them back in the ground. Watch the trailer.
The City of Allentown's Movies Across the Parks, Allentown, PA
The City of Allentown Department of Parks and Recreation’s “Movies in the Park” series returns with four events this summer coming to various locations across the city. Each movie will be preceded by a variety of family-friendly activities. Movies begin at dusk.