The Great Allentown Fair
August 31–September 5, 2022
Stay up to date on Lehigh Valley tourism, events, and happenings. Sign up for Discover Lehigh Valley's eNewsletter.
Celebrating its 170th year, the Great Allentown Fair (held on the Allentown Fairgrounds) offers a fun and educational experience around Labor Day Weekend every year. Dedicated to supporting the achievements of farmers, gardeners, and homemakers, the Pennsylvania State Fair invites guests to learn about agriculture while spending an exciting time riding rides, playing games, and musical performances. It serves up tantalizing international cuisine, live concerts, thrill shows, and the latest in gizmos and gadgets.
New to the Fair in 2022 is an auctioneer's Bid-Calling Contest. This regional contest, taking place during a real live auction, will determine the best fast talkin' bid-caller in greater Lehigh Valley. Check it out September 2 at 7 p.m. in the Astound Broadband Farmarama Theater, with special guest John Stauffer, the 2022 Pennsylvania State Champion Bid-Caller.
The annual operation of The Fair for more than a century-and-a-half is testament to the viability and durability of the nonprofit Lehigh County Agricultural Society's mission conceived in 1852. The 21st Century version of the Fair is steeped in the tradition of its rich agricultural roots while highly emphasizing education for the non-agrarian public. Its diverse entertainment offerings attract attendees of all ages and tastes. The abundant activities that occur on The Allentown Fairgrounds year-round support the mission and perpetuation of the Fair while providing the Lehigh Valley one of its premier destinations.
Trade shows in Agri~Plex, the area’s largest expo center, two restaurants, a dinner theatre and the famous Fairgrounds Farmers Market combine to make the 46-acre fairgrounds located in the city's beautiful west-end a hub for enjoyment, commerce, and tourism.
The 2022 Great Allentown Fair will feature musical headliners at the Fairgrounds. Grandstand headlines include
- Thursday, September 1: The Dropkick Murphys (Tickets on sale now)
- Friday, September 2: Cole Swindell, with special guest Chase Rice (Tickets on sale June 10)
- Sunday, September 4: The Wonder Years, with special guests The Starting Line and Charly Bliss (Tickets on sale June 10)
- Monday, September 5: J & J Demolition Derby (Tickets on sale now)
J&J Demolition Derby
The J&J Demolition Derby, a Labor Day tradition at the fair, is Monday, September 5. Standard tickets are $15 and Children (ages 12 and under) $10 and include admission into the fair.
The hours of the Great Allentown Fair are:
- August 31, 2022: 4 – 10 p.m.
- September 1–4, 2022: Noon – 10 p.m.
- September 5, 2022: Noon – 10 p.m.
Admission & Specials
Regular admission to the Great Allentown Fair is $8 for ages 13 and up. Kids 12 & under are always free. A few special admissions promotions of note:
- Opening Night: Wednesday, August 31 (Admission $4 OR “2 Bucks and a Can” a food item donation to the Fair for Second Harvest Food Bank and pay only $2.
- Weekdays Under the Wire: Everyone gets in free from Noon – 2 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, September 1 and 2.
- Red, White and Thank You: All active military and Veterans (with ID) get in free all day Thursday, September 1.
- Senior Citizens (65+ with ID) Free all day, September 5.
Getting in and around
Parking is available on site through Tunnel Gate 7 off of Liberty Street for $10 per vehicle during The Fair. Prepaid premium parking is available in advance for $30.