PA Bacon Fest
November 4 & 5, 2023 • Downtown Easton, PA
Stay up to date on Lehigh Valley tourism, events, and happenings. Sign up for Discover Lehigh Valley's eNewsletter.
Located in historic downtown Easton, PA Bacon Fest has grown into one of the region’s most popular events. Celebrate the event's with 150+ vendors, 15+ musical acts, and two-days of all things bacon at this festival made for food lovers. In fact, Parade.com named it one of the country’s ‘5 Can’t-Miss Bacon Festivals’ and Fest300.com put it on the list of the top 300 festivals in the world! Jump to sections below to learn more about the festivities.
Photo above by Marco Calderon
See how Lehigh Valley does festivals.
The event takes over downtown Easton, centralized in Centre Square and stretching out in spokes (from Northampton and Fourth Streets to the Free Bridge, from Spring Garden and North Third Streets to Ferry and South Third Streets, and from Ferry and South Third to South Second and back to Northampton Street).
Festival hours are 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. on Saturday, November 5, 2022 and Sunday, November 6, 2022.
PA Bacon Fest requests a $2 donation per person at the gate—Donors receive a raffle ticket to be entered for a prize. Donations benefit the nonprofit Greater Easton Development Partnership, and proceeds from the event support free concerts and programming in Easton such as the Easton Public Market, Easton Farmers Market, Easton Main Street Initiative, and Easton Ambassadors.
Photo by Marco Calderon
Food & Drinks
You'll definitely want to prepare your appetites when planning your visit to PA Bacon Fest. With more than 100 vendors showcasing varieties of bacon, you're sure to find something tasty to eat! Food offerings range from savory to sweet and truly everything in between, including options that are gluten free, dairy free, and even vegan. Guests can quench their thirst with craft beers, bacon bloody marys, craft cocktails, and more.
Enjoy festival faves like bacon on a stick, Sweet Girlz’ deep-fried cupcakes, peanut butter bacon beignet, bacon cookie sandwich, and chocolate-covered bacon. This year, vendors are also debuting some mouthwatering creations. Think bacon cannoli where crispy bacon replaces the cannoli shell, or pork rind nachos where pork rinds come loaded with pulled pork, five-cheese mac sauce, bacon and all the fixings!Pictured: Three Oak's 50/50 burger: Half ground bacon, half ground beef with house-made bacon jam, steakhouse aioli, and crispy frizzled onions on a grilled brioche bun.
Photo by Marco Calderon
The weekend offers a smokin’ music lineup — 15+ musical acts and several stages, jam-packed with performances. Hear bluegrass, classic rock, blues, country, and more. Here's the full lineup!
From bacon costume contests, mascot dashes, bacon cooking battles, and a bacon-eating contest sponsored by Sugardale, PA Bacon Fest offers entertainment all weekend long.
- Reserve your spot for the Bacon & Brew Tent where you’ll get to taste six craft beers from Two Rivers Brewing. paired with six varieties of specialty bacon from Breakaway Farms. (noon-4 p.m. Saturday or Sunday, while supplies last, VIPs get in early at 11 a.m.)
- Cheek to Cheek Challenge (11 a.m. Saturday) Local chefs will participate in a contest showcasing the whole hog.
- Bacon Costume Contest (1:30-2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, FREE, register on-site 15 minutes prior) Prizes will be given to best-dressed adult, kid and pup.
- Hog-Calling Contest (2-2:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, FREE, register on-site 15 minutes prior) Prizes will be awarded to best adult and best child.
- Bacon Battle presented by Easton Farmers’ Market (2 p.m. Sunday, FREE) Local chefs vie for the 2022 Baconator title as they cook their way through a mystery bag of ingredients - and a pound of pasture-raised bacon from Breakaway Farms. One lucky audience member will be picked to serve as judge.
- Family-Friendly Performances (throughout the festival) Piglets Stage will offer family-friendly programming including a family comedy show, live music and more throughout the weekend.
- Runners: sign up for the Racin’ Bacon 5K (Sunday, November 5 at 9 a.m.)
Now for the logistics. Because many downtown roads are closed for pedestrian-only access during PA Bacon Fest, it can be tricky to get around! Plan ahead and consider parking at one of these garages that are within walking distance to the festival grounds or at an off-site location (shuttles provided).
Ride the BACON SHUTTLE which runs approximately every 15-45 minutes throughout the height of the festival. Cash Only, exact change is appreciated.
Shuttle Location #1: Bradens Airpark (3800 Sullivan Trail, Easton, PA 18040)
- Times: 9:30 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Shuttle Stop: Northampton & N. 5th Streets
Shuttle Location #2: Northampton County Courthouse (669 Washington St., Easton, PA 18042)
- Times: 10 a.m.–7 p.m.
- Shuttle Stop: 4th & Ferry Streets
Shuttle Location #3: William Penn Park & Ride (Emrick Blvd., Easton, PA 18045)
- Times: Shuttle Service from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Festival Shuttle Stop: Northampton and Fifth Streets
Ride Share Drop-off Locations
Good idea to consider a ride share as nearby parking is limited. Two drop-off locations are recommended.
- Northampton County Courthouse (669 Washington St., Easton, PA 18042)
- Wawa in Downtown Easton (310 Larry Holmes Dr., Easton, PA 18042)
If you'd rather drive, try your luck at Pine Street Parking Garage or the Easton Intermodal Parking Garage, both on S. 3rd St. You'll find a parking lot across from the McDonald's at 3rd & Washington Streets. These City of Easton parking garages are $15 per car. CASH ONLY.
Skip the traffic altogether and burn some calories by biking to PA Bacon Fest. The festival and many Easton businesses are bike-friendly. Here are some tips for cyclists:
- Artist-designed bike racks are available throughout Downtown Easton – remember to bring your own lock. Learn more.
- Downtown Easton is a 1/4-mile ride from the D&L Trail. Start your day at your favorite spot along the trail and stop at PA Bacon Fest to refuel with your favorite bacon snacks before heading back home. Check out the D&L’s Trip Planner to help plan your route. Please note: Once you leave the trail you’ll need to dismount, loop back on Route 611 West, then head north on Third Street to the festival grounds.
- Need some air? The Easton Public Market, 325 Northampton St., has an air pump out front near its bike rack. There’s also a bike repair station, with a bike wash coming soon. Inside you’ll find restrooms, a refillable water bottle station, and healthy snacks at the Highmark Farmstand.
- Visit Trek Bicycle Easton while you’re in town. They’ve got everything you’ll need for your trip back.
For the most up-to-date parking information, check out pabaconfest.com, and be sure to follow the festival on social media for live announcements (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). Once you arrive on the festival grounds, the footprint is walkable.
Please note: Garages are ADA accessible. Shuttle lots have limited handicapped accessible parking available on a first-come, first-serve basis to vehicles displaying a state-issued handicapped plate or placard.