In Lehigh Valley, our caffeinated choices are way more robust than just the usual two, “Dunkin’ or Starbucks?” Much like the breweries, wineries, and distilleries, coffee shops are growing and specializing in their own unique coffee blends and vibes.
Lehigh Valley's coffee scene is diverse – full of wholesalers, roasters, and coffee shops who sell way more than just your standard cup of drip coffee. For example, Bethlehem’s Monacacy Coffee Co. offers retail purchases & provides its roasts to a staff-favorite hangout, Lit Coffee Roastery & Bakeshop. Or, take Fieldstone Coffee Roasters, who offers their unique coffees in the Easton Public Market, but also collaborates with local legends at Weyerbacher Brewing Company to create beers like Sunday Morning Stout and Maple Bacon Coffee beer. Fieldstone also provides the Bayou Boys at Easton & Bethlehem’s The Bayou locations with their Chicory Coffee Custom Blend, for a taste of the New Orleans staple right here in Lehigh Valley. If you’re looking to peruse a wide variety of coffee and teas, check out the selection at Heffelfinger’s at the Allentown Farmers Market.
While these unique roasters and shops may not have sophisticated rewards apps like big national chains, you will be rewarded with delicious coffee & lattes, cozy gathering places, and maybe actual conversation with other customers. Or you can put your headphones in and experience everything but the latter.
- Coffee House Without Limits (707 N. Fourth St., Allentown, PA 18102) Settle into this 10th Ward shop’s funky living room vibe with coffee, vegetarian & vegan bites, and a full calendar of events.
- Hava Java (526 N. 19th St., Allentown, PA 18104) Eclectic hangout with coffee and unexpected sweets and pastries like baklava tucked within Allentown's West End.
- Lit Coffee Roastery and Bakeshop (26 E. Third St., Bethlehem, PA 18015) Prepare to be delightfully surprised by this SouthSide hangout. Try seasonal lattes and teas (rose latte anyone?) and the delectable baked goods by Made by Lino (the empanadas and macarons are local favorites).
- Deja Brew Coffeehouse & Deli (101 W. Fourth St., Bethlehem, PA 18015) This unique corner spot on SouthSide Bethlehem offers standard coffee selections, sandwiches and salads. You'll often find Lehigh University students studying amongst the cozy furniture.
- The Joint Coffee Co. (77 W. Broad St. #18C, Bethlehem, PA 18018) Don’t let the Broad Street address fool you – the easiest entrance to this hidden hangout is off the Sun Inn Courtyard or from Guetter Street. The nitro cold brew is a must for a refreshing treat.
- The Wise Bean Coffee & Espresso Bar (634 N. New St., Bethlehem, PA 18018) This teeny, comfortable community hangout takes their coffee vibes seriously (no phone conversations allowed!) You’re guaranteed a great cup of joe and maybe even a conversation with a neighborhood regular.
- Saxbys Lehigh (3 W. Morton St., Bethlehem, PA 18015) Located on Lehigh University’s campus, Saxbys is filled with caffeine-fueled MountainHawks. There are plenty of places to perch with your laptop with, most importantly, plenty of outlets to get your full charge!
- Cosmic Cup Coffee Company (520 March St., Easton, PA 18042) An affordable spot on College Hill, you’ll find everything from French Press coffee, to gelato and smoothies.
- Terra Cafe (321 Northampton St., Easton, PA 18042) Find more than just organic coffee at this cafe near the city's Centre Square. Terra Cafe features a full breakfast and lunch menu.
- ThreeBirds Coffee House (226 Bushkill St, Easton, PA 18042 or inside the Easton Public Market) A historic structure, built in 1862, and known as the Bull Mansion features a rotating selection of three to four single-origin coffees and espresso drinks, including cappuccinos, cortados, and lattes, as well as craft sodas and kombucha from Emmaus’ Porch Tea.
- Tucker Silk Mill (N107, 1247 Simon Blvd., Easton, PA 18042) Located within the newly renovated Simon Silk Mill, Tucker offers tasty handcrafted lattes, a wide variety of teas, and tasty small plates to be enjoyed in house or to go. The one thing you won't find here? A traditional drip coffee.
Bangor, Bath, and Beyond
- Baby Harry Coffee Roaster (34 Broadway, Bangor, PA 18013) Don't miss this little gem on Bangor’s Broadway featuring house-roasted coffees and a friendly staff.
- Empire's Coffee (44 Broadway, Bangor, PA 18013) Yes, Bangor has two coffee shops on Broadway! Empire’s serves coffee but also pastries, breakfast, and lunch items.
- Daily Grind (116 E. Main St, Bath, PA 18014) This local favorite offers quick bites for breakfast and lunch in addition to caffeine-fueled beverages. Treat yourself to one of their tasty baked goods that vary by day, including coffee walnut muffins, oatmeal raisin cookies, and more.
- BeanBath Cafe (2425 Plaza Court, Bath, PA 18014) This quaint neighborhood hangout offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner offerings. Be sure to check out their seasonal offerings for something new each visit.
Are we missing your favorite Lehigh Valley hangout? Let us know in the comments below!