Pork and beef links. Chili sauce. Tangy mustard. Crisp onions and pickles. A perfectly steamed bun. (Obviously washed down with chocolate milk.) Few words ignite more heated debate in Lehigh Valley than, "what's your favorite hot dog?" Locals are passionate about their favorites and luckily there are over 20 hot dog shops in Lehigh Valley to warrant a full fledged food crawl, full of nitrates.
Is the best hot dog found at Yocco’s (well known for their secret sauce)? Or is Pott’s the top dog? Check out other local favorites like, Jimmy’s, Traub's Doggies, and the Van Pelt Hot Dog Company truck at festivals like Musikfest! Head to Willy Joe’s to try their specialty sauce that “beats them all.” To really ignite hot dog purists, try a vegan dog at VegOut and let us know what you think.
- Yocco's Hot Dogs: The most well-known dogs in Lehigh Valley, Yocco's secret sauce is what sets them apart from the others. Multiple locations.
- Potts' Hot Dogs: With a slogan of "Bite the one you love," these shops tend to be the favorite among Northampton County residents. Multiple locations.
- Jimmy's Hot Dogs: Easton's favorite.
- Traub's Doggies: Sure, Emmaus has Yocco's, but many residents are devotees of Traub's.
- Willy Joe's: This long-time Allentown establishment is a favorite among Queen City's residents.
- Blondie's: Not just cupcakes & sweets at Blondie's, you'll find some mean dogs like the "Fighting Irish" with mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, onion & spicy mustard