Picture this: It’s a Saturday morning, you have nothing to do all day, and you’re bored. There’s just one problem – you don’t want to spend a lot of money to entertain yourself because you have a big bill to pay, you’re saving up for a new TV, whatever reason. We’ve all been there.
Luckily for anyone living in or visiting the Lehigh Valley, there’s a lot of budget-friendly ways to ‘treat yourself.’ Here’s a list of 8 ways you can have a fun and entertaining day or evening in the Lehigh Valley without breaking the bank.
1. Head over to The Spa at McCann at 2200 N. Irving St. in Allentown for a variety of massage and spa treatments at discount prices, such as a hot stone massage or foot scrub. The spa’s prices are $20 - $50 cheaper than other spas in the area, but delivered with the same level of expertise.
2. End a stressful day (or any day, really) with happy hour at P.J. Whelihan’s Pub and Restaurant. P.J.’s offers drink specials every day of the week, like $5 Moonshine Monday. Enjoy the restaurant’s half-priced famous wings every Tuesday.
3. Beat the August heat and save money while you’re at it by enjoying Dorney Park in the afternoon. Tickets are only $29.99 after 4 p.m., giving you some extra dollars to buy delicious treats with. Check out our list of the Top Ten Rides at Dorney Park for ride “inspiration.”
4. Cleo’s Silversmith Studio & Gallery is a super cool and edgy jewelry and home goods store that features American hand-made items. The store actually boasts the largest selection of handmade silver and gold jewelry in the Lehigh Valley. Mention Discover Lehigh Valley’s “Travel Tuesdays” at checkout to enjoy 25% off anything in the store. Whether you’re looking to furnish your house in a unique and funky way or looking for a one-of-a-kind ring, it’s hard to leave Cleo’s with just one item.
5. Did you know that both the Allentown and Bethlehem Brew Works have a Taco Tuesday special? Yeah, I didn’t and I’m a little sad I didn’t realize this sooner. From 8:30 – 10:30 p.m., you can fill up on 3 soft shell tacos for $3 or 3 churros for $3. Chase down all that good food with a $3 margarita. You do need to be a Rewards Club Card member to get this special offer, but just sign up at the restaurant for free! The card allows you to build up points for rewards and access special deals every day of the week.
6. The Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley is easily one of my favorite places in the Valley to shop, just because I feel a little less guilty about shopping if I’m outdoors and breathing in fresh air. There’s so much to do here, too - shop, eat or enjoy an IMAX film. Stop by the management office (Suite 43 behind Subway) and mention Discover Lehigh Valley’s “Travel Tuesdays” during office hours to pick up a free reusable-shopping tote.
7. Enjoy America’s favorite pastime with the Lehigh Valley IronPigs. It’s really fun to get a group together and watch the game from the lawn section, especially for the Friday night fireworks. Lawn tickets are only $7 and field tickets start at just $10.
8. Watch Crayola come to life with the Crayola Experience™ in downtown Easton. Both kids and adults will love letting their imaginations run wild in this hands-on attraction, exploring art, technology and chemistry. Take home a personalized crayon, make a souvenir out of crayon wax, or doodle in the dark. You’ll be kept busy with over 25 fun exhibits. Buy your ticket here to receive $3 off your ticket.
Check out a full list of deals happening in the Lehigh Valley here. Comment below if you know of any other discounts happening now!