There's no food that welcomes feeling of fall like freshly picked apples. In Lehigh Valley, you'll find a number of locations offering locally-grown varieties, both in pre-picked and pick-your-own options. Before you head to the grocery store to stock up, consider paying a visit to one of these local pick-your-own farms, each offering the chance to head out to the fields and stock up on fall's sweetest treat.
No one celebrates the season quite as good as Grim's Orchards Fall Festival from September 12 - November 1, 2020 (9941 Schantz Rd., Breinigsville)! Hop on a hayride to make your way to the orchard for apple picking, or opt for the perfect pumpkin in their spacious patch. Families will love additional activities including a corn maze, apple launching, and more. Pre-picked apples are also available at their roadside market, as well as their famous apple cider slushies. Yum!
For additional pick-your-own varieties, consider visiting these local farms:
- Bob White Acres (3879 East Mill Hill Rd., Coopersburg)
- County Line Orchards (9200 Kings Highway, Kempton)
- George Schmidt Berry Farm (5681 Berry Dr., New Tripoli)
- Gogle Farms (5017 Mulberry St., Coplay)
- Gulick's Orchard (6317 Kaylor Rd., Bangor)
And while you can't pick your own at the following locations, we always recommend supporting local farm stands. Produce from these local orchards can often be found in area grocery stores.
- Bechdolt's Orchard (2209 Leithsville Rd., Hellertown)
- Juniperdale Farms and The Produce Crib (1050 Browntown Rd., Pen Argyl)
- Schantz Orchards (2200 Applewood Dr., Orefield)
- Scholl Orchards (3057 Center St., Bethlehem)
Ready for even more fall fun? Check out more things to see to & this autumn here.