Kutztown Folk Festival
June 29–July 7, 2024
Stay up to date on Lehigh Valley tourism, events, and happenings. Sign up for Discover Lehigh Valley's eNewsletter.
Things to Do
At the Kutztown Folk Festival, a visitor experiences more music, more entertainment, more fun, and far less work than they would in a Pennsylvania Dutch household. But the purpose of the festival is still fulfilled, as evidenced by the continued participation of the local Pennsylvania Dutch community as well as many of the foremost experts and scholars of this fascinating microcosm of America. This unusual nine-day festival had been featured twice in National Geographic and has been called "one of the most unique festivals on the East coast" by the Washington Post, with good reason.
Crafts & Quilts
The Festival's quilt sale is the largest quilt sale in America and has an internationally attended Quilt Auction of top prize-winning quilts.
Typically at the Kutztown Folk Festival, there is plenty of “Guten essen” (good eatin’)! Here's what you can look forward to:
Top PA Dutch Foods To Try At The Festival
- Full-course, all-you-can-eat Pennsylvania Dutch family-style dinners.
- Festival favorites including sausage, pot pie, corn fritters, funnel cake, shoo-fly pie, and apple dumplings
- Dietrich's Meats & Treats at the old-fashioned farmers market, family-owned and operated for generations. They know everything about good food!
- Bread Oven, another long-held tradition is the festival's 19th-century bread oven, one of the oldest in Pennsylvania, where bread is baked daily. The aroma of bread draws visitors to the bake oven where they can observe this tantalizing baking process, then buy bread to bring home to their families.
- Bottled birch-beer.
In addition, the Fresh Fest Market at The Grove will be located right at the Kutztown Folk festival grounds. This new healthier eating option will offer fresh flavors, locally produced food, local craft beers. and spirits. You will know you and your family are eating quality, natural foods-and best of all-you don’t have to do the cooking!
Tickets for the Kutztown Folk Festival are on sale now.
- Adult: $16
- Student (13 – 17 years old): $6
- Children (12 & under): Free
- Weekly Admission Pass: $40