Experience PA Bacon Fest
in Lehigh Valley, PA
November 2-3, 2019
Located in historic Easton, PA Bacon Fest has grown into one of the region’s most popular events. With 150+ vendors, 12+ musical acts, and several stages, the two-day festival is a must-see for food lovers. In fact, Parade.com named it one of the country’s ‘5 Can’t-Miss Bacon Festivals’! This year marks the eighth celebration, with even more bacon-y goodness to explore.
Ready to start planning your visit? Jump to sections below to learn more about PA Bacon Fest:
The event takes over downtown Easton, centralized in Centre Square and stretching out in spokes (from Northampton and Fourth Streets to the Free Bridge, from Spring Garden and North Third Streets to Ferry and South Third Streets, and from Ferry and South Third to South Second and back to Northampton Street). Festival hours are 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. on Saturday, November 2 and Sunday, November 3.
PA Bacon Fest is a fundraiser for the nonprofit Greater Easton Development Partnership, and proceeds from the event support free concerts and programming in Easton such as Easton Out Loud, Live at the Falls, and more. While the event is free to attend, there is an optional $2 donation that will help support year-round programming in the city. If you choose to make a donation, you'll receive a raffle ticket that will give you a chance at winning a number of door prizes.
Food & Drink
You'll definitely want to prepare your appetites when planning your visit to PA Bacon Fest. With more than 150+ vendors showcasing 35+ varieties of bacon, you're sure to find something tasty to eat! Food offerings range from savory to sweet and truly everything in between, including options that are gluten free, dairy free, and even vegan. Guests can quench their thirst with craft beers, bloody marys, craft cocktails, and more.
Enjoy festival faves like bacon on a stick, Sweet Girlz’ deep-fried cupcakes, and chocolate-covered bacon. This year, vendors are also debuting some mouthwatering creations. Think bacon cannoli where crispy bacon replaces the cannoli shell, or pork rind nachos where pork rinds come loaded with pulled pork, five-cheese mac sauce, bacon and all the fixings!
Must-try foods for the 2019 PA Bacon Fest include:
- Bacon Cannoli (Sette Luna) - A crispy, house-cured bacon shell filled with a maple mascarpone and local ricotta cream. Order a hot spiced bacon cider, featuring Scholl’s Orchards cider, with the cannoli.
- Texas Twinkie (Black & Blue) - Hot dog wrapped in Colby Jack, wrapped in sweet Italian sausage, latticed in bacon that's sliced and served on a cheddar biscuit with sticky icky BBQ sauce.
- Bacon-Stuffed Whole Pig ‘Porketta’ Sandwich (3rd & Ferry Fish Market) - This ‘porketta’ is topped with broccoli rabe, garlic, sharp provolone and au jus.
- The Hawg House Split (The Hawg House) - Your choice of meat - pulled pork, beef brisket or roast beef, topped with two sides (garlic mashed potatoes, mac & cheese, coleslaw, French fries or baked beans), served with two dill pickles, bacon pieces and drizzled with sauce.
- Peanut Butter Bacon Cheddar Burger (Two Rivers Brewing Co.) - ⅓-pound Dundore & Heister grass-fed beef burger topped with peanut butter, Breakaway Farms smoked bacon, citrus-cured onions, cheddar cheese, peanut brittle dust and chili gastrique on a brioche bun.
- Bourbon Bacon Vanilla Cookie Sandwich (Barry’s Buns) - A bacony cookie sandwich featuring two large chocolate chip cookies stuffed with bourbon vanilla bean cream cheese icing and crispy bacon.
- 50/50 Burger (Oak) - A burger of half ground bacon/half ground prime beef, topped with house-made bacon jam, steakhouse aioli and crispy frizzled onions on a grilled brioche bun.
- Cornmeal Bacon Waffles (Quadrant Book Mart & Coffee House) - Served on a stick, with or without powdered sugar.
But the festival offers even more for foodies. Throughout the weekend, PA Bacon Fest will feature cooking demos and tastings to enhance your experience. The Bacon & Brew tasting will be offered both days and festers can taste their way through eight specialty kinds of bacon from Breakaway Farms, paired with select Weyerbacher beers (noon - 5 p.m., $20). Tickets can be purchased on site, both days of the festival - while supplies last. VIP tickets for Bacon & Brew are on sale now and guarantee an extra hour and a commemorative PABF beer mug ($25, pabaconfest.com/schedule, VIP hour is 11 a.m. - noon both days).
Food isn't the only reason to check out PA Bacon Fest. The event features four stages packed with live entertainment throughout the weekend including music, cooking demonstrations, and more. Be sure to check out these favorite happenings:
- Hog Calling Competition (Saturday & Sunday, 2 p.m.)
- Racin' Bacon 5k (Sunday, beginning at 9 a.m.)
- Pig and Wiener Dog Races (Saturday and Sunday, 11 a.m., noon, 1 p.m., 4 p.m., 5 p.m.)
- Bacon Eating Competition (Saturday at noon, Sunday at 12:30 p.m.)
- Mechanical Pig Rides
- and more!
The Pigskin Lounge returns for those looking to stay up-to-date on their team's scores or just kick back and take a break from all the bacon festivities. Here, you can watch NCAA & NFL games while enjoying a beer, all under the shaded comfort of a tent.
And don't forget about your canine companions! PA Bacon Fest is a dog-friendly event and even features a special hangout for the pups. New for this year is the Canine Corner which features a dog park, a lure course from Dog Lovers Day Lure Course, and a wide array of pet vendors featuring everything from treats to clothing.
Parking & Transportation
Now for the logistics. Because many downtown roads are closed for pedestrian-only access during PA Bacon Fest, it can be tricky to get around! Plan ahead and consider parking at one of these garages that are within walking distance to the festival grounds or at an off-site location (shuttles provided):
- City of Easton Pine Street Parking Garage (S. Third St., Easton, PA 18042 - map location) - $15 per car
- City of Easton “New” Parking Garage (S. Third St., Easton, PA 18042 - map location) - $15 per car
- Shuttle Location #1: Bradens Air Field (Forks Township, PA 18045 - map location) Shuttle Service from 9:30 a.m. to 7 p.m. Shuttle stops on Northampton Street and N. Fifth Street.
- Shuttle Location #2: Northampton County Courthouse (Washington St, Easton, PA 18042 - map location) Shuttle Service from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Shuttle stops on Fourth Street and Ferry Street.
For those using the shuttle, note that cost is $10 per carload, cash only, and does include the price of the shuttle ride. If locals choose to walk to the shuttle lot, a ride to the festival is $5 per person. Parking proceeds will benefit FAA Chapter 70 and the Civil Air Patrol. These volunteers are there to assist you and work long hours, so please be patient. Exact change is always appreciated. Shuttles will run approximately every 15-45 minutes through the height of the festival.
For the most up-to-date parking information, check out pabaconfest.com and be sure to follow the festival on social media for live announcements (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). Once you arrive on the festival grounds, the footprint is walkable.
Please note: Garages are ADA accessible. Shuttle lots have limited handicapped accessible parking available on a first-come, first-serve basis to vehicles displaying a state-issued handicapped plate or placard. Parking fees will apply. Shuttle buses do not have ramps/lifts etc.