Discover Lehigh Valley encourages visitors to check out the region's handcrafted items like PEEPS and the world's most famous guitars.
LEHIGH VALLEY, PA. (PRWEB) MARCH 13, 2018 – Discover Lehigh Valley® the destination marketing organization dedicated to promoting tourism in Pennsylvania's Lehigh and Northampton counties, also known as the Allentown-Bethlehem-Easton area, welcomes visitors to getaway and discover some of America's favorite brands and handcrafted goods that call Lehigh Valley home.
"As visitors escape to Lehigh Valley for their next adventure, they may also be surprised to learn that some of America's favorite, well-known products are handcrafted in the region," said Alicia Quinn, strategic brand manager for Discover Lehigh Valley. "Whether you're a music lover looking to enjoy the Martin Guitar Factory, a spirit's fanatic enjoying the tasting room at Eight Oaks Farm Distillery, or a family discovering The Crayola Experience, your next getaway to Lehigh Valley will be more enjoyable knowing that you're experiencing homegrown brands and products."
To plan your handcrafted getaway, Discover Lehigh Valley recommends these experiences that allow you to enjoy the region's nationally known and locally grown brands:
- Music lover? A visit to C.F. Martin & Co. for a factory floor tour is a must! You'll find some of the world's most famous guitars are made by hand here and have been for over 180 years. You'll start the tour in the Martin Museum to get a glimpse of how the instruments have changed over the course of time. You can also see custom models that have been specially made for famous musicians. As you make your way through the tour, you'll be escorted around the factory floor where you'll see craftsmen at work. Before you head out, be sure to stop by the Pickin' Parlor where you can play various models of famous Martin guitars. Martin guitars and Martin strings are the instruments and strings of choice for musicians around the world, from the icons of rock, pop, country, folk, and bluegrass, to those just beginning their careers.
- Do your kids love to color? Fun for the entire family, Lehigh Valley is home to The Crayola Experience™ in Easton. Here you'll be immersed in color and creativity - a place where there's no limitation to creativity and imagination. You can color, draw, paint and create with the latest Crayola products without the worry of cleanup afterwards. Bursting with four floors of 26 colorful, hands-on and interactive attractions, you can make a day of it as each creative space invites you to play and explore while learning and having lots and lots of fun. Stop by the gift shop to check out the wall of crayons and pick your favorite colors!
- Craving some PEEPS? Since 1932, Just Born Quality Confections has been making an array of some of America's favorite candies, including PEEPS, Mike and Ike and Hot Tamales, to name a few. Visit Lehigh Valley's PEEPS & COMPANY® store and be entertained by captivating music, lights, interactive displays and videos featuring historic and present-day elements of all their favorite brands.
- Feeling thirsty? Head to Eight Oaks Farm Distillery's tasting room, which provides a relaxed, farmhouse atmosphere where guests can enjoy artisan spirits and handcrafted cocktails. With all of their grains grown and products crafted on-site, Eight Oaks is a favorite of Lehigh Valley locals. Its guided tour offers visitors a glimpse into the craft distillation process of vodka, gin, rum, and applejack. Farmers in the Lehigh Valley were making applejack before our country was born. One of the best-known apples used in applejack was the Baldwin Apple, which was discovered by a farmer in the 1740s named William Butters, the eighth great-grandfather of Eight Oaks co-founder Chad Butters.
- Looking for entertainment? Check out a show at SteelStacks. What once was the largest brownfield in the country, the Bethlehem Steel plant is now transformed into a vibrant arts and culture campus that holds events year-round.
Located on the same campus, ArtsQuest's Banana Factory Arts Center is a dynamic cultural arts and education center. Formerly a banana distribution warehouse, the arts center features 63,000-square feet of space that is home to 30 resident artists' studios, three galleries, the Hot Glass Studio, multiple classrooms, and the Olympus Digital Imaging Center. Stop by local restaurant, Urbano Mexican Kitchen & Bar to see a display of ArtsQuest glass studio artists.
Additionally, for a spectacular view of the blast furnaces of Bethlehem Steel, climb the Hoover Mason Trestle. As you stroll along this elevated walkway, you'll get a unique perspective of the key roles the steel plant played in American history.
For more information on Lehigh Valley's nationally known and locally grown products and brands, visit DiscoverLehighValley.com or for photos click here and videos click here. Follow @LehighValleyPa on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
About Discover Lehigh Valley
Established in 1984, Discover Lehigh Valley® makes Lehigh and Northampton counties a premier destination through marketing and image building that increases the number of visitors, the number of nights they stay and the number of things they do in the region.
Discover Lehigh Valley's official visitor website and blog, DiscoverLehighValley.com and LehighValleyInSite.com keeps locals and visitors abreast of all things happening in region. Visitors can explore things to do, upcoming events, themed itineraries and hotel packages. Compelling photography and videos, brochures and detailed visitor information make the sites effective trip-planning tools. Along with Discover Lehigh Valley's social media channels, the online platforms communicate directly with consumers. Travelers can also call and stop into one of the many visitor centers for additional information.
About Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Set amid gentle hills and charming country sides, Lehigh Valley, Pa. is home to Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton, as well as dozens of small towns and picturesque boroughs.
The region is steeped in pre-Colonial, Early American and industrial history. Lehigh Valley has an impressive range of tourist attractions including nationally-recognized events like Musikfest, wineries and breweries, the Lehigh Valley Zoo, outdoor activities, world-class sporting events, 10 colleges and universities, and is home to America's favorite brands such as Crayola®, Peeps®, Mike & Ike®, Martin Guitars and Mack Trucks. The region offers a diverse array of memorable things to do and plenty of dining options to fit every budget and taste.
And, it's easy to get to and around. Lehigh Valley is located approximately 60 minutes north of Philadelphia and 90 minutes west of New York City by car.