Lehigh Valley Zoo
Home to more than 300 animals representing over 100 species, the Lehigh Valley Zoo offers unforgettable and memorable visits among wildlife and nature.
Within the grounds of the Zoo, you’re sure to find plenty of fun for the whole family. Upon entering the gates, you’ll be greeted by the African Penguins. If you’re lucky, you may even catch a feeding! Watch the penguins waddle along the land and dive into the water- an experience that the little ones are sure to love!
But of course, the penguins are just one of more than 100 species of animals represented within the Zoo, including several endangered species. You can also get a glimpse of otters, zebras, camels, peacocks, porcupines, wolves, and Murphy, the giraffe.
Hike a number of trails for all difficulty levels, take in stunning vistas from overlook points, and even spot some wild friends like bison and elk.
Regular visiting hours are 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. April through October and 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. November through March. Admission rates change based on season and group size, click here for the latest rate sheet. Be sure to browse the map before you go and plan your route!
Top Events Not To Miss
- In honor of Earth Day, the Zoo hosts Party for the Planet each April. This event combines celebrations for three special days: Earth Day, World Penguin Day and Tuxster’s birthday. Activities include music, African Penguin painting demonstrations, RAD Center Conservation Conversations, Arbor Day tree planting dedication and Smart Fun with the Zoo’s mascot, Tuxster.
- Held in early October each year, Ottertoberfest features craft vendors, wine and craft beers, live music and otter-related family-friendly activities throughout the Zoo (and of course- plenty of fun for the adorable otters!). As October comes to a close and Halloween nears, don’t miss Boo at the Zoo. This event gives kids the chance to trick-or-treat in costume and enjoy candy treats, mascots, family-friendly activities and live music.
- As the holiday season rolls in, the Zoo is fully transformed into a world of twinkling lights. Winter Lights Spectacular features thousands of lights on display throughout the grounds of the Zoo. Be sure to warm up with a tasty cup of hot chocolate by the fire before you head home after a night of fun!
Group-Friendly At The Zoo
- Lehigh Valley’s 29-acre Zoo accommodates groups of any size, with group discounts and educational Zoo tours available for groups of 15 or more guests.
- The Zoo has a full-service Bison Prairie Grill and two gift shops, the Bear Crossing Gift Shop near the entrance and the Blue Ribbon General Store. Lehigh Valley Zoo offers ample seating throughout the Zoo, including picnic tables, a covered pavilion, event tent and benches.
- Each year, more the 30,000 local students take part in the Zoo’s educational programs.
- ADA Compliant:
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Classroom Capacity: 96
- Width: 20
- Length: 40
- Classroom Capacity: 70
- Width: 20
- Length: 50
- Classroom Capacity: 60