Crunchy leaves, crisp air, and pumpkin-flavored everything. Lehigh Valley shines in bright oranges and vibrant reds during the fall months. Make the most of the season by crossing off these must-do activities before the colder temperatures start to creep in.
- Pick the perfect pumpkin at Grim's Orchard and Family Farm and carve it into a creative jack-o’-lantern. Check out places to pumpkin pick.
- Test your sense of direction at a local corn maze. How fast can you make it out?
- Hike to the top of Hawk Mountain to see the birds in their autumn migration as you admire the stunning fall colors.
- Sample a wide variety of wine from the vineyards of the Lehigh Valley American Viticultural Area (AVA).
- Take a scenic train ride to enjoy the fall foliage Colebrookdale Railroad.
- Shop the bounty of local harvests at markets including the Easton Farmers Market, the oldest open-air market in the country.
- Reach new heights as you take on the Summit Aerial Park at Blue Mountain Resort. Treat yourself to fireside beverages after you complete the course.
- Sample seasonal beers from Lehigh Valley area breweries including Weyerbacher’s Imperial Pumpkin Ale, consistently ranked as one of the best autumn brews in the country.
- Go apple picking at one of Lehigh Valley's orchards. Be sure to pick up some apple cider to take home!
- Walk, run, or bike along the Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor, complete with stunning canal-side views lined with vibrant foliage.
- Jump into a pile of freshly-raked leaves.
- Savor the flavors of fall with a warm beverage from LIT Coffee Shop & Bakery, or one of the region’s other charming coffee shops.
- Enjoy a fresh-baked apple dumpling topped with homemade vanilla ice cream from the Bethlehem Dairy Store.
- Sign up for a glass blowing glass at the Banana Factory where you can make your own pumpkin figurine.
- Enjoy fresh-baked strudel at Oktoberfest at SteelStacks.
- Grab your camera and go on a photo tour of the Lehigh Valley Covered Bridge Tour. As you make the 50-mile drive, you’ll see seven historic bridges. The reds of the bridge blend perfectly with the colors on the trees.
While you’re out exploring all the stunning fall scenery in Lehigh Valley, be sure to tag your photos using #LVMadePossible. Ready for even more fall fun? Check out more things to see to & this autumn here