The SteelStacks™ campus is the largest revitalized brownfield in the country and is situated on 10-acres amidst the ruins of the former Bethlehem Steel. The site has become a destination for arts and culture enthusiasts from those near and far.
Located on the grounds you will find the ArtsQuest™ Center, which has numerous events and activities held on a regular basis including everything from comedy shows and concerts of all types to classes, tours, and top-notch movies shown in an alehouse-style cinema.
The Center and adjacent SteelStacks campus, hosts numerous festivals too, including:
• Step Outdoors Lehigh Valley
• Levitt Pavilion Summer Concert Series
• ¡Sabor! Latin Festival
• Olympus InVision Photo Festival
• Patriotic Holidays
• Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem
• Blast Furnace Blues
• Greater Lehigh Valley Filmmaker Festival
• SteelStacks Improv Comedy Festival
• SouthSide Arts & Music Festival
Just outside the floor-to-ceiling glass windows of the ArtsQuest™ Center, lies Air Products Town Square which offers outdoor tables and chairs for the best place to listen to the acts that perform on the TD Community Stage.
The Levitt Pavilion SteelStacks is an outdoor area that sets in the shadows of the blast furnaces on the SteelStacks Campus. The Levitt Foundation provides funding to feature 50 free summer concerts at this venue.
Not only does Levitt Pavilion host concerts of every genre, it also showcases movies on the outdoor screen allowing families to view them under the stars. Be sure to grab a bite to eat at the Mack Truck Stop Café which is open on event nights from 6:30 - 9:30 p.m. offering wings to burgers and ice cream to popcorn, and even serves tasty spirits for the over 21 crowd.
Local Insider Tips
- Be sure to bring your Musikfest mug year-round if you’re interested in the tap beer! The Musikfest Mug Refill program gets you $6/$7.50 Domestic and $9 imports! Don’t have a mug? You can buy one from the Stacks Shop located on the first floor of the ArtsQuest Center.
- Don’t forget your lawn chair or a blanket and get to Levitt Pavilion early for the best spots!
- While you’re on the SteelStacks grounds, you’ll want to take a leisurely stroll on the Hoover Mason Trestle. The Trestle walkway is open to the public and is the best place to imagine life as it was when Bethlehem Steel was in full operation.
If you’re in need of additional information about the SteelStacks campus or the Lehigh Valley region, be sure to stop in the Visitor Center at SteelStacks presented by St. Luke’s University Health Network.
Parking at SteelStacks™
If you are heading to the ArtsQuest Center on a Friday or Saturday night, ArtsQuest offers valet parking under the canopy outside the building during the hours of 5 - 11 p.m. Year-round, except during Musikfest, parking on the campus is free at the numerous lots on First St.
- ADA Compliant:
- Full Bar:
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- On-site Food:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Gift Shop:
- Live Entertainment: