Da Vinci Science Center
Please note: Da Vinci Science Center is open indoors with Under the Canopy: Animals of the Rainforest. All permanent exhibits will remain closed until further notice. Please visit their website for further details.
Hours & Tickets
The Da Vinci Science Center special exhibition, Under the Canopy: Animals of the Rainforest, is open for General Admission on Saturdays and Sundays from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Private VIP Tours are available Monday through Sunday.
General Admission Pricing: $12.95 ages 3 and up
Private VIP Tour Pricing: $95 for up to 8 people
Private VIP Tour with Marquee Animal Experience Pricing: $145 for up to 8 people
Private VIP Tours must be booked at least 24 hours in advance. Advanced reservations are required for all experiences. Tickets can be purchased at davincisciencecenter.org.
Free parking is available on-site.
Lehigh Valley’s Da Vinci Science Center in Allentown provides a fun day for families, with children ages 12 and under, who value having playful, enjoyable, memorable and enriching experiences together.
The Science Center’s active, hands-on exhibits make science fun, interesting, creative and exciting for kids. Exhibits include a dark tunnel maze, a KEVA plank design studio, colored shadows wall, a water table, animation station, marine tank, windy hurricane simulator and a WFMZ 69 News weather forecasting simulator. Special feature exhibits and visitor programs take place throughout the year on weekdays and weekends. The Da Vinci Science Center hosts a variety of fun events and programs every month, click here for the calendar.
The Da Vinci Science Center can host a variety of events and groups of all sizes.
Make The Most Of Your Visit
- Weekday visitors can have the best possible experiences if their schedules allow them to visit in the afternoon as school groups tend to make the mornings busy.
- Same-day visitor re-entry is free. If you purchase admission to the Da Vinci Science Center, you can come and go throughout that day as you please, as long as you hold on to your receipt.
- Da Vinci offers a cafeteria space with chairs and tables for your convenience. Guests are welcome to bring their own lunch or leave for lunch and return after.
- The Da Vinci Science Center plans programming for most school year holidays. If the kids are off from school, then there is a good chance that something special is happening at the Center.
Da Vinci Science Center educators want to continue to bring science to life and lives to science, even while you’re at home! These Science at Home activities have been carefully selected to ignite your sense of curiosity and encourage you to:
- Learn It – Explore some new resources and discover fun-facts about various topics.
- Try It – Complete some of the challenges we’ve suggested for learners of all ages.
- Share It – Show us your work! We’ll re-post our favorites so we can all learn from one another!
Expansion for 2024: New facility to offer 30,000-square-feet of interactive exhibits
Designed by MKSD Architects, the new Science Center will be three stories with over 30,000 SF of exhibit space, triple the space of its current Cedar Crest facility. The reimagined space will engage visitors through distinct yet interrelated experiences that take inspiration from Leonardo da Vinci’s way of seeing the connections between and the possibilities within everything around him. Visitors of all ages will be immersed in experiences ranging from exploring the inner workings of the human body to the interconnectivity of humans with the natural world and the innovation that exists at the intersection of both.
The detailed renderings, created by exhibit design firm Thinc, showcase the main areas of the new facility:
- Curiosity Hall, with its iconic 60-foot human that pays homage to Leonardo’s Vitruvian Man as its focal point, celebrates the human body and mind, and provides visitors opportunities to follow their own curiosity through playful and inspiring interactive displays.
- The My Body exhibit will feature interactive installations and a larger-than-life immersive human body experience that will celebrate the human body, explore how it works, and explain how to keep it healthy.
- Lehigh River Watershed surrounds visitors with the flora and fauna of the Lehigh Valley with North American river otters as stars of the show. Developed in partnership with the Wildlands Conservancy, this exhibit will emphasize the importance of caring for our natural environment.
- Science in the Making engages visitors in exploring scientific principles and their application in manufacturing processes with a focus on showcasing Lehigh Valley companies and manufacturing career opportunities.
The new Da Vinci Science Center at PPL Pavilion will build on its existing reputation as a regional leader in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, the Arts and Math) education serving, youth, families and schools throughout the greater Lehigh Valley and beyond, as well as a key contributor to the local and regional economy both directly and indirectly by helping to inspire and educate the next generation of engineers, scientists, innovators, and programmers.
- ADA Compliant:
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- On-site Food:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Free Wifi:
- Gift Shop:
- Green / Sustainable Practices: