Civic Theatre of Allentown
Please note: The Civic Theatre of Allentown has put all performances and film showings on hold. isit their website for updated schedules.
Civic Theatre of Allentown is many things to Lehigh Valley. It is the stage where professionally-produced theatre, with a community feel, is born.
Civic Theatre is also home to foreign, silent, independent, and arthouse cinema, as well as a children's theatre school. Civic Theatre School has a 50+ year tradition of fostering a love of live theatre in the Valley's youth - current Hollywood star, Amanda Seyfried, recently said in an interview that Civic was where her 'love of acting flourished.'
Civic Theatre is currently undergoing a capital campaign to restore the beloved 19th Street Theatre. Become a member and get in the act.
A Year Full of Performances Not To Miss
- Each August, it’s the Cabaret and concert series.
- October, it’s live theatre from The Secret Garden.
- In December, the annual production of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol has become one of the must-dos in the Valley.
- February, Rock of Ages, takes the stage.
- May, Prelude to a Kiss begins.
- ADA Compliant:
- Full Bar:
- Beer / Wine Only:
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- On-site Food:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Green / Sustainable Practices:
- Live Entertainment:
- Exhibits 1
- Reception Capacity 189
- Theatre Capacity 95
- Number of Rooms 2