Trexler Nature Preserve
Trexler Nature Preserve, in Lehigh Valley, Pa, formerly known as The Trexler-Lehigh County Game Preserve, is an 1,108-acre public park that is a focal point for land conservation efforts within Lehigh County, as well to protect endangered bison and elk. It’s the access path to The Lehigh Valley Zoo.
The Preserve manages and protects natural resources and offers educational and passive recreational opportunities. The preserve offers more than 18 miles for various recreational activities including hiking, walking, jogging, mountain bike riding, snow shoeing, and cross country skiing. This 18-mile network of trails includes the 8.5 mile Trexler Border trail which is popular for horseback riding. The well-stocked Jordan Creek is also a popular spot for fishermen.
Visitors can glimpse the bison and elk in their natural habitat. The North, South, and Central ranges feature unique landscapes, from meadows and hills to hemlock forests and deep ravines.
Trails To Explore
- Tear Drop Trail, North Range | 2.0 miles, easy
- Hunsicker Trail, North Range | 0.6 mile, easy
- North Range Entrance Trail, North Range | 0.4 mile, easy
- Fireman's Trail, North Range | 1.5 miles, easy
- Buck Run Trail, North Range | 0.3 mile, easy
- Turkey Ridge Trail, North Range | 0.7 mile, moderate
- Covered Bridge Trail, Central Range | 1.2 miles, ADA approved, easy
- Observation Trail, Central Range | 0.3 mile, easy
- Trexler Nature Trail, Central Range | 0.5 mile, moderate
- Bird Watching Trail, Central Range | 0.5 mile, moderate
- Elk Viewing Trail, Central range | 1.5 miles, moderate
- Trexler Border Trail, North, Central, and South Ranges | 8.5 miles, hard
Trexler Nature Preserve Hours of Operation
The North and Central ranges are open daily from dawn to dusk. The Preserve is closed for New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
- ADA Compliant:
- Parking On-site:
- Pet Friendly:
- Group Friendly (10+):