America On Wheels
The American automobile has been the symbol of our nation’s drive-to-thrive since the early 1900s. Shift into reverse and look back at the early days of transportation.
America On Wheels seeks to educate, entertain, and showcase unique exhibits and preserve the historical, social, and cultural impact of our nation’s transportation systems, while contributing to the revitalization of its community. America On Wheels believes that learning within a museum is self-motivated, self-directed, and lifelong.
More than just a car collection, the museum features cars, trucks, motorcycles, and bicycles as it tells two very important regional stories – the history of Mack Trucks and the early development of the automobile industry and highway system in Pennsylvania. The museum offers hands-on exhibits, three galleries including a Changing Exhibit Gallery, a library, learning areas, a Museum Store, and a 1950s HubCap Café.
Tickets and Hours
Purchase your museum tickets by visiting the museum. Ticket prices are adults $10, Seniors (62+) $8; Students 6 - 16 $6; children 5 and under free. Children 12 and under are always free on Sundays.
- Winter Hours (January through March): Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p. m.; Sunday Noon - 4 p.m. with the last ticket sale at 3 p.m.
- Summer Hours (April through December): Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sunday Noon - 5 p.m. with the last ticket sale at 4 p.m.
*Hours and days of operation are subject to change due to facility rentals.
- ADA Compliant:
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- On-site Food:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Gift Shop:
- Total Sq. Ft. 45000
- Audio / Visual
- Off-site Catering Allowed
- Number of Rooms 5
- Banquet Capacity: 100
- Classroom Capacity: 10
- Theater Capacity: 50
- Banquet Capacity: 30
The Long Haul Room
- Banquet Capacity: 90
The North Gallery
- Reception Capacity: 75
- The Cars from Transformers, Featuring Bumblebee and Megatron Exhibit
- Holiday Train Display
- Spin the Holiday Wheel
- Presentation - What's In Your Pocket?
- Robin & Jim – Holiday Tunes & Songs of the 50’s at America On Wheels Museum
- Christmas Marionettes and Elves Meet the Mock Turtle Marionettes
- Cars, Corks and Cuisine
- Family Holiday Folk Music at America On Wheels Museum
- Face Painting by Wanderlust FX Face and Body Art
- Scout/Community Night
- National Ugly Sweater Day at America On Wheels Museum
- Celebrity Soda Jerk
- Ice Cream with Santa
- Model Train Scavenger Hunt & Outside Steam Engine Demonstration
- Sweet Surprise Day
- Big Dipper Family & Friends Pre-New Year's Eve Party
- Songs and Stories of the American Road with Matt Dodd
- Match Box Car Racing Ramp Day
- Seasonal Music by DJ Jimbo Entertainment