America On Wheels
The American automobile has been the symbol of our nation’s drive-to-thrive since the early 1900s. Shift into reverse and look back at the early days of transportation.
America On Wheels seeks to educate, entertain, and showcase unique exhibits and preserve the historical, social, and cultural impact of our nation’s transportation systems, while contributing to the revitalization of its community. America On Wheels believes that learning within a museum is self-motivated, self-directed, and lifelong.
More than just a car collection, the museum features cars, trucks, motorcycles, and bicycles as it tells two very important regional stories – the history of Mack Trucks and the early development of the automobile industry and highway system in Pennsylvania. The museum offers hands-on exhibits, three galleries including a Changing Exhibit Gallery, a library, learning areas, a Museum Store, and a 1950s HubCap Café.
Tickets and Hours
Purchase your museum tickets online through TripAdvisor, in-person at the museum. Ticket prices are adults $10, seniors (62+) $8; students 6-16 $6; children 5 and under free. Children 12 and under are always free on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Winter Hours (January through March): Wednesday through Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p. m.; Sunday noon - 4 p.m. with the last ticket sale at 3 p.m.
- Summer Hours (April through December): Tuesday through Saturday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.; Sunday noon - 5 p.m. with the last ticket sale at 4 p.m.
*Hours and days of operation are subject to change due to facility rentals.
- ADA Compliant:
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Motorcoach Parking:
- On-site Food:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Gift Shop:
- Total Sq. Ft. 45000
- Audio / Visual
- Off-site Catering Allowed
- Number of Rooms 5
- Banquet Capacity: 100
- Classroom Capacity: 10
- Theater Capacity: 50
- Banquet Capacity: 30
The Long Haul Room
- Banquet Capacity: 90
The North Gallery
- Reception Capacity: 75
- Automotive Portraits by Bill Bravo
- Nicola Bulgari "A Lifetime Devotion to the American Automobile"
- 1st Annual Halloween Bash Model Car Show
- Trunk and Treat
- 10th Annual Dorney Park & Mahoning Valley Speedway Reunion
- Magic of R.J. Lewis
- Holiday Balloon Sculptures
- Mock Turtle Marionettes
- Dave Frey Children's Holiday Show
- Little Brass Band of the Lehigh Valley & The Galena Band
- Scout/Community Night & Ice Cream with Santa
- Storyteller Kathy Long
- Mr. Grinchy
- Make Your Own Holiday Nail Polish
- Carols, Candles & Candy
- Marshmallow Snow Buddy
- Music by Matt Sevier
- Big Dipper Family & Friends Pre-New Year's Eve Party