Lehigh Valley Celebrates National Travel and Tourism Week
Toolkit for Local Partners and Stakeholders
Join Discover Lehigh Valley and the U.S. Travel Association to honor the #SpiritOfTravel during National Travel & Tourism Week, May 3-9, 2020. Now more than ever, the travel and tourism community must come together, support each other, and remind our country that even through the most difficult times, the #SpiritOfTravel cannot be broken.
Join us as we honor our local spirit of travel by recognizing the industry’s strength, selflessness, and resiliency. Although we can’t meet in person, we can stay connected, unified, and supportive of each other from afar.
Jump to a section below to learn more about how you can incorporate National Travel & Tourism Week into your messaging.
Lehigh Valley Tourism Statistics
- In 2018, the Lehigh Valley region welcomed 16.5 million visitors with more than 10 million visitors arriving in the area between the months of March - September. From these visitors:
- $1.2 billion in spending was generated from both day and overnight trips.
- The average per person spend on an overnight trip was $121 per day.
- The average person on a day trip spent $52 per day.
- In 2018, international Visa card holders spent $6.27 million in Lehigh Valley.
- In 2018-19, Lehigh Valley saw more than 28,000 visiting athletes including racers, players, bowlers, spellers, wrestlers, and runners that participated in events in youth, collegiate, adult amateur, and professional sporting events throughout the region.
- The tourism & hospitality industry supports 26,500 jobs in Lehigh Valley.
- Our communities benefit from the spirit of travel, which permeates through small businesses, unique landmarks, and all those who welcome residents and visitors alike with a smile and hospitality.
Key Statistics from the U.S. Travel Association
- In 2019, the United States saw $1.1 trillion in traveler spending. These travels generated a total of $2.6 trillion in economic output and supported a total of 15.8 million American jobs.
- Without the tax revenue generated by travel and tourism, each household would pay $1,398 more in taxes per year.
A number of graphics showcasing Lehigh Valley specific statistics have been created by the DLV team. Feel free to download the various sizes by clicking on the respective links below each sample image to use across your social channels as we honor the #SpiritOfTravel.
Sample Social Media Posts
Use the sample text below to populate content across your social media channels. When you see (@BUSINESSNAME), be sure to add in your own business/organization name and/or social media handle. Feel free to use the above graphics to enhance your posts or use an image from your organization that depicts the #SpiritOfTravel.
Be sure to use #SpiritOfTravel #nttw20 and #LVMadePossible in your posts.
- We celebrate the #SpiritOfTravel during #nttw20. It's places like (@BUSINESSNAME) that make Lehigh Valley truly feel like home to every one of our residents.
- This week, we honor the #SpiritOfTravel during the National Travel & Tourism Week. In 2018, the @LehighValley welcomed 16.5 million visitors who generated $1.2 billion in spending. #nttw20 #LVMadePossible
- While it’s critical to #StayAtHome right now, Lehigh Valley will be ready to welcome you back when the time is right. #nttw20 #LVMadePossible
- Celebrate the #SpiritOfTravel in @LehighValleyPA. Download these Zoom backgrounds for your next virtual meeting: bit.ly/3axzcze #nttw20 #LVMadePossible
- This week, we honor the #SpiritOfTravel during the annual National Travel & Tourism Week. In @LehighValleyPA, the tourism & hospitality industry supports 26,500 jobs. #nttw20 #LVMadePossible
- When times are uncertain, the only certainty is that the #SpiritOfTravel will not be broken. Join (@BUSINESSNAME) in spotlighting the role of tourism in the @LehighValleyPA community and across the country for #nttw20. #LVMadePossible
- Even though you can’t visit @LehighValleyPA right now, you can check out these virtual experiences to get a taste of all that the region has to offer: t.ly/s2fn #nttw20
- This year, National Travel and Tourism Week is more important than ever. It's the #SpiritOfTravel that unites us together and inspires millions each and every day. #nttw20 #LVMadePossible
- In @LehighValleyPA, (@BUSINESSNAME) is proud to celebrate all those in our community—and nationwide—who carry the #SpiritOfTravel forward during this year’s #nttw20. #LVMadePossible
U.S. Travel Association Toolkit
Looking for even more resources? You can access the U.S. Travel Association's full toolkit for National Travel & Tourism Week, including more graphics, logos, and templates, here.