Lehigh Valley Celebrates National Travel and Tourism Week
Toolkit for Local Partners and Stakeholders
May 2 – 8, 2021
Join Discover Lehigh Valley and the U.S. Travel Association to honor the #PowerOfTravel during National Travel & Tourism Week, May 2 – 8, 2021. Now more than ever, the travel and tourism community must come together, support each other, and remind our country that even through the most difficult times, the #PowerOfTravel cannot be broken. Join us as we honor our local industry’s strength, selflessness, and resiliency.
NTTW 2021: The Power of Travel from U.S. Travel on Vimeo.
Jump to a section below to learn more about how you can incorporate National Travel & Tourism Week into your messaging.
Lehigh Valley Tourism Statistics
- In 2018, the Lehigh Valley region welcomed 16.5 million visitors with more than 10 million visitors arriving in the area between the months of March - September. From these visitors:
- $1.2 billion in spending was generated from both day and overnight trips.
- The average per person spend on an overnight trip was $121 per day.
- The average person on a day trip spent $52 per day.
- In 2018, international Visa card holders spent $6.27 million in Lehigh Valley.
- In 2018-19, Lehigh Valley saw more than 28,000 visiting athletes including racers, players, bowlers, spellers, wrestlers, and runners that participated in events in youth, collegiate, adult amateur, and professional sporting events throughout the region.
- The tourism & hospitality industry supports 26,500 jobs in Lehigh Valley.
- Our communities benefit from the spirit of travel, which permeates through small businesses, unique landmarks, and all those who welcome residents and visitors alike with a smile and hospitality.
Key Statistics from the U.S. Travel Association
- In 2019, the United States saw $1.1 trillion in traveler spending. These travels generated a total of $2.6 trillion in economic output and supported a total of 15.8 million American jobs.
- Without the tax revenue generated by travel and tourism, each household would pay $1,398 more in taxes per year.
A number of graphics showcasing Lehigh Valley specific statistics have been created by the DLV team. Feel free to download the various sizes by clicking on the respective links below each sample image. Once the image opens, save or download to use across your social channels as we honor the #PowerOfTravel.
Sample Social Media Posts
Use the sample text below to populate content across your social media channels. When you see (@BUSINESSNAME), be sure to add in your own business/organization name and/or social media handle. Feel free to use the above graphics to enhance your posts or use an image from your organization that depicts the #PowerOfTravel.
Be sure to use #PowerOfTravel #nttw21 and #LVMadePossible in your posts.
- We celebrate the #PowerOfTravel during #nttw21. It's places like (@BUSINESSNAME) that make Lehigh Valley truly feel like home to every one of our residents.
- This week, we honor the #PowerOfTravel during the National Travel & Tourism Week. In 2018, the @LehighValleyPa welcomed 16.5 million visitors who generated $1.2 billion in spending. #nttw21 #LVMadePossible
- Together with @LehighValleyPA, we'll be ready to welcome you back when the time is right. #nttw21 #PowerOfTravel #LVMadePossible
- This week, we honor the #PowerOfTravel during the annual National Travel & Tourism Week. In @LehighValleyPA, the tourism & hospitality industry supports 26,500 jobs. #nttw21 #LVMadePossible
- When times are uncertain, the only certainty is that the #PowerOfTravel will not be broken. Join (@BUSINESSNAME) in spotlighting the role of tourism in the @LehighValleyPA community and across the country for #nttw21. #LVMadePossible
- Again this year, we honor National Travel and Tourism Week. It's the #PowerOfTravel that unites us together and inspires millions each and every day. #nttw21 #LVMadePossible
- In @LehighValleyPA, (@BUSINESSNAME) is proud to celebrate all those in our community—and nationwide—who carry the #PowerOfTravel forward during this year’s #nttw21. #LVMadePossible
U.S. Travel Association Toolkit
Looking for even more resources? You can access the U.S. Travel Association's full toolkit for National Travel & Tourism Week, including more graphics, logos, and templates, here.