Benefits for Partners of Discover Lehigh Valley®
In the world of destination marketing, more collaboration means more visitation. That’s why Discover Lehigh Valley® has been teaming up with regional partners for years.
This outlines what we can do together to promote your business and Lehigh Valley to travelers. We want to share your stories through our communications, advertising, websites, and social media.
Once you are a partner, use this page as your partnership checklist, and get in touch with the people listed for each tactic to find out how they can promote your attraction, event, exhibition, restaurant or hotel.
These opportunities are included in your partnership with Discover Lehigh Valley for no additional charge.
Please join us in building Lehigh Valley’s image.
Use this piece as your partnership checklist and get in touch with the people listed for each tactic to find out how they can promote your attraction, event, exhibition, restaurant or hotel.
MEDIA BUY & CREATIVE
- Discover Lehigh Valley is constantly tweaking and enhancing our media plans and creative to be sure we are spending dollars efficiently and for the right audience. Ask us what we are doing so you may be able to better leverage your spend. CONTACT: Alicia Quinn, alicia@DiscoverLehighValley.com
BRANDING & RESEARCH
- We take brand very seriously. While we know we don’t control our brand, we do know we are the ones to help guide the perception and image of Lehigh Valley. Our complete brand guidelines and logo packet is available for download at DiscoverLehighValley.com/logo. Discover Lehigh Valley continues to analyze data to ensure our media spend is performing to our expectations and meet our goals. CONTACT: Alicia Quinn, alicia@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- We work very close with the business travel community in making sure we know what’s new about the region’s properties that have meeting and event space. This allows us to continue to target meeting and event planners to come to Lehigh Valley. CONTACT: Suzanne Stianche, suzanne@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- The sports market in Lehigh Valley continues to be one of the fastest-growing segments of economic impact for the region. Discover Lehigh Valley® Sports works hard to actively promote Lehigh Valley to event organizers as the perfect place to hold a sporting event or tournament. CONTACT: Michael Kusmuk, kuzy@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- We continue to work diligently with those partners who are group tour-friendly, and the harder we work, the luckier we seem to be in attracting tours to Lehigh Valley. CONTACT: Jamie Zackey, jamie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- Our media relations team interacts daily with the press on the phone, via email and social media, and in person. We promote all aspects of the Lehigh Valley experience, and in doing so generate hundreds of earned media stories each year in news, travel, lifestyle, and niche outlets (Meetings, Group Tour, Sports) in the U.S. and Canada. We regularly distribute themed press releases and photos. Keep us updated on your news, so we can include it in our pitches and press materials as appropriate. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- We write press releases about Lehigh Valley attractions and events and circulate them to media. Send your seasonal and event-related press releases and newsletters one month out for short-lead coverage, and six months out for long-lead coverage. And, tell us about your fun, quirky or under-the-radar stories any time of the year. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
PHOTOGRAPHY, VIDEO AND B-ROLL
- We are always adding to our vast library of images and video footage—much of which is available to media, non-profits, and for-profit hospitality partners for editorial use. Let us know if you’d like us to consider adding your high-quality photos or b-roll to our expansive library, or if you’d like us to consider doing a shoot at your attraction or event. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
VISITING JOURNALIST PROGRAM
- As part of our media relations efforts, Discover Lehigh Valley hosts Mid-Atlantic journalists—individually and in groups—to give them first-hand experiences based on key story themes. We can showcase your attraction or event to a visiting journalist when appropriate based on the trip’s theme. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- We connect with hundreds of thousands of Facebook fans every day. Facebook.com/LehighValleyPA engages fans by sharing upcoming events, posting fun facts, offering tips, and more. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- Through Twitter, we keep our followers in the know about things to do, brag-worthy facts, hotel and restaurant deals, giveaways, and promotions throughout the day. Let us know if you have content suggestions. Twitter.com/LehighValleyPA offers the scoop on general happenings, insights and travel promotions in Lehigh Valley. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- On Discover Lehigh Valley’s LinkedIn company page, people keep up with company news, tourism facts and figures, industry trends, and must-read articles about Lehigh Valley in the press. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- What’s better than reading about what’s happening in Lehigh Valley? Seeing what’s happening in Lehigh Valley. We show off the region with an account on the photo-sharing app Instagram. Share opportunities for us to feature visually compelling views of Lehigh Valley or to host influential Instagrammers for exclusive access at your venues. Instagram.com/LehighValleyPA posts day-in-Lehigh-Valley life photos, along with local photographer submissions. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- Through various boards, Discover Lehigh Valley highlights content along specific themes, such as Festivals, Food and Family Fun board examples. Send us images or web content that you’d like us to consider for one of our boards. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
WEB VIDEOS AND YOUTUBE
- Discover Lehigh Valley creates, hosts and shares plenty of videos—regional chefs, cool fashions, craft beers, and more—on YouTube.com/DSCVRLehighValley and other video-sharing sites. Feel free to request that we “favorite” your content from our YouTube channel, and share opportunities for us to broadcast live from Facebook. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
DIGITAL CALENDAR OF EVENTS
- Discover Lehigh Valley provides a comprehensive online events calendar. You can submit an event at UploadYourEvent.com. We frequently feature partner events on social media and on DiscoverLehighValley.com’s homepage, so be sure yours in listed. CONTACT: Kaitie Burger, kaitie@DiscoverLehighValley.com
ACCOUNT(s) / LISTING(s)
- Remember to keep your account information up-to-date by logging into the Extranet with the username and password provided to you. Updates should include business / property contacts and changes, offerings, amenities, photography, current logo, etc. CONTACT: Aliza Levin, aliza@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- Our four Visitor Centers and more than 70 local businesses accept partner brochures and we distribute them to visitors for free. CONTACT: Alan Levin, alan@DiscoverLehighValley.com
- Discover Lehigh Valley coordinates seasonal and event-related hotel packages and promotions to increase hotel occupancy and provide visitors with a fun, memorable and experiential visit. We also promote hotel-specific packages, restaurants specials, attraction deals, etc. CONTACT: Aliza Levin, aliza@DiscoverLehighValley.com
SURPRISE & DELIGHT
- To build closer rapport with visitors and go beyond offering them suggestions on what to do, our social team listens in on social media conversations and sends surprises to select visitors to enhance their trips. This program helps them to do more while they’re here and often propels them to share their delight on social media. In addition, we stuff bags with literature and promotional items for different groups and events almost weekly, so it’s a great way to get your brand in front of visitors, new residents, business travelers, etc. Let us know if you have gift certificates or tickets in quantities of 4 - 40 that you’d like us to share with visitors. CONTACT: Audra Organetti, audra@DiscoveLehighValley.com
INVOICING & PAYMENTS
- If you need another copy of your invoice or have questions about payments, we can help you! CONTACT: Ed Eppler, ed@DiscoverLehighValley.com