Site Visits and Events in Lehigh Valley
Updated April 4, 2021
Discover Lehigh Valley is eagerly awaiting the opportunity to showcase what is Made Possible in Lehigh Valley! Please review the guidelines in place to accommodate all participants and ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
Current Site Visit Guidelines
Please be advised that these guidelines are subject to change based upon the ever-changing circumstances of COVID-19. The DLV Staff will remain up-to-date on all guidelines issued by Governor Wolf and the CDC.
- All site visit participants, including DLV team members, must wear a mask for the duration of the visit when proper social distancing can not be maintained.
- Each attendee will receive a Personal Protective Equipment kit, which will include one mask and hand sanitizer.
- All site visit activities will be at a limited capacity based on the ability to maintain proper social distancing and safety protocols. No large group activities will be permitted during the visit.
- If any site visit participant, including DLV staff, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 throughout the duration of the visit, that person should excuse themselves immediately.
- All site visit collateral will be emailed prior to the visit, any print materials of DLV, hotels, venues, etc. will be available digitally.
- If transportation is provided, masks will be worn and no more than three people in a standard size vehicle at a time (if applicable). All participants will be asked to sit in the back of the vehicle and keep the front passenger seat open.
- Hand sanitizer will be readily available throughout the entirety of the site visit.
- Participants must be prepared to go through temperature checks, health screenings, etc. at any given location within the destination. Each property has protocols in place.
Hosting Events in Lehigh Valley
Lehigh Valley has transitioned into the “Green Phase” of Pennsylvania’s COVID-19 response plan. What does this mean for the meetings and events industry? Based on a venue’s established occupancy limit as defined by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) Life Safety Code, venues apply the appropriate percent of occupancy to determine how many attendees are permitted to attend an event or gathering.
Occupancy limits for indoor events to allow for 25% of maximum occupancy, regardless of venue size. Core public health measures such as face-coverings (mask-wearing), social distancing, and hand hygiene still must be enforced. The 25% of maximum occupancy is permitted only if attendees and workers are able to comply with the 6-foot physical distancing requirement.
Occupancy limits for outdoor events to allow for 50% of maximum occupancy, regardless of venue size. Core public health measures such as face-coverings (mask-wearing), social distancing, and hand hygiene still must be enforced. The 50% of maximum occupancy is permitted only if attendees and workers are able to comply with the 6-foot physical distancing requirement.
Our venue partners have been working tirelessly to make groups feel safe when hosting their meeting or event in Lehigh Valley. They have all implemented significant guidelines and precautionary measures to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience, including, but not limited to:
- Temperature checks
- Required use of masks
- Frequent hand washing
- Health surveys
- Sanitation stations
- Social distancing indicators
- Enhanced cleaning/sanitation
Please keep in mind Pennsylvania’s current restrictions when planning your next event. For more information, visit the Department of Health’s website. Learn more about local restrictions and guidelines issued by Governor Wolf and the CDC, as well as industry resources provided by the Events Industry Council: PA COVID-19 Response, CDC Event Guidelines, and Events Industry Council.
Interested in hosting your event in Lehigh Valley?
Contact the DLV sales team to set up a site visit!
- Mary Coryell, Sales & Services Coordinator
- Bree Nidds, Vice President of Sales
- Monet Tiberii, Sales & Services Coordinator
Lehigh Valley is open and ready for visitors. See what's open in Lehigh Valley.