Global Meetings Industry Day Toolkit
Global Meetings Industry Day • April 8, 2021
Join Discover Lehigh Valley as we unite with organizations across the globe to support the annual Global Meetings Industry Day (GMID) on April 8, 2021. GMID, led by the industry advocacy coalition Meetings Mean Business (MMB), showcases the proven value that business meetings, conferences, conventions, incentive travel, trade shows and exhibitions bring to businesses and the economy. This year’s GMID theme is Meet Safe, recognizing the industry’s top priority of operating meetings and events with health and safety top-of-mind. The current landscape for meetings and events is one of the most challenging in our history.
We are coming together in all settings, stronger and more united than ever, to demonstrate the unwavering value of our industry with leaders in business, government and the media. Showcasing our industry’s value has never been more important – particularly in Lehigh Valley.
Jump to a section below to learn more about how you can incorporate Global Meetings Industry Day into your messaging.
Why Hold Meetings & Events?
- Business travelers say they are nearly twice as likely to convert prospects into customers with a face-to-face meeting than without one. —Meetings Mean Business
- Four in five executives say they have attended an in-person meeting, conference or event that would not have yielded the same success as one conducted via video or telephone conference. —Meetings Mean Business
- Meetings supported more direct jobs than many large manufacturing sectors, including machinery, food, auto, and chemicals. It sustained more jobs than the telecommunications and oil and gas extraction industries as well. —Tourism Economic, an Oxford Economics company
- 81% of professionals who attended in-person meetings and conventions before the pandemic miss doing so and would be just as likely – if not more likely – to attend in-person conferences, conventions, trade shows and other business events in the future. —Meetings Mean Business
- By fall 2021, 68% of attendees expect to attend in-person events; By winter 2021-2022, that number increases to 74%.—Freeman
- Over 50% of attendees prefer to participate in exhibits and networking in-person only. —Freeman
About Meetings Mean Business
Meetings Mean Business is an industry-wide coalition to showcase the undeniable value that business meetings, trade shows, incentive travel, exhibitions, conferences and conventions bring to people, businesses and communities. By rallying industry advocates, working with stakeholders, conducting original research, engaging with outside voices and more, the coalition brings the industry together to emphasize its importance. Comprised of over 60 members, the coalition unites the meetings industry with one strong and powerful voice. For more information, visit www.MeetingsMeanBusiness.com.