ZEST bar + grille
ZEST bar+grille, a new restaurant from the creators of the Grille 3501, opened in January 2019 on the rooftop floor of 306 South New Street in the heart of Bethlehem’s SouthSide Arts District.
ZEST, defined by 'great enthusiasm and energy,' is the vision of the culinary and social experience that owner John Trapani and chef/owner John “JP” Pukanecz plan to deliver to the region using SouthSide Bethlehem as their stage. ZEST is a place where guests can dive deep into Chef JP's newest creations offered through a progressive menu that highlights the best of New American cuisine. Tapping into techniques used successfully at Grille 3501, JP’s culinary creativity continues to shine but in an all new setting.
What You’ll Love
- The view. ZEST offers indoor/outdoor, four season balcony seating where guests will enjoy spectacular views of Bethlehem's iconic landmarks including SteelStacks, Hill-to-Hill and Fahy Bridges, as well as the Bethlehem Library, City Hall, Martin Tower, and beyond.
- The food. ZEST is a place where guests can dive deep into Chef JP's newest creations offered through a progressive menu that highlights the best of New American cuisine. Tapping into techniques used successfully at Grille 3501, JP’s culinary creativity will continue to shine but in an all new setting.
- The ambiance. Integrating warmth and communal energy, the dining room features a mix of banquette seating and tables, as well as an enclosed balcony space with both table and bar seating. The open kitchen takes center-stage in the 280-seat space, offering a look into the energy and action of the ZEST culinary team.
- Appetizers: Roasted Bone Marrow with sourdough, truffle, and sea salt; Rabbit Agnolotti with mustard emulsion, red cabbage, burnt honey
- Entrees: Boneless Beef Short Ribs with crispy potato cake, wilted spinach, roasted portabellas, pomegranate jus; Sea Scallops with parmesan risotto, rosemary-lemon vinaigrette, baby arugula, burnt onion puree;mPan Roasted Chicken Breast with marcona almonds, spinach, peppers, romesco sauce, potato straw
- Cucumber Mint Martini: Svedka cucumber lime vodka, st. germain, fresh lemon juice, and muddled mint
- Bootlegger’s Ol’ Fashioned: the Real McCoy 5-year rum, muddled amarena cherries, orange, and raw sugar
- Raspberry Rose: Hangar One rosé vodka, fresh raspberry purée, and rosé
Ample parking available in the New Street parking garage. ZEST provides two-hour parking vouchers for patrons. From the garage, take pedestrian bridge (from levels 3, 4 or 5) to the Gateway Building. Then take the elevator to the sixth floor to the restaurant entrance.
Available Meeting Spaces
- The Bridge View Room is perfect for intimate dinner parties, corporate lunch meetings or presentation dinners (audio visual hookup provided) and can accommodate parties ranging in size from 12 to 24.
- The Steel View Room offers a great space for corporate meetings, rehearsal dinners, bridal or baby showers, accommodating parties up to 40 guests with audio visual hookup provided.
- The Four Season Section, which is open-air in the warmer months, is a stunning area for your cocktail party, sit-down dinner or mingling event. Offering incredible views, this space can accommodate up to 40 guests.
- For larger parties looking for casual cocktails and mingling, the East Side Bar offers 10 high top tables, the breath-taking views from the Corner Lounge and shared bar space. This area welcomes parties of up to 65 guests.
- The Corner Lounge is an exclusive space for smaller cocktail parties, offering unparalleled views of north & south Bethlehem. This exclusive area is perfect for parties up to 15 guests.
- Opening Spring 2019, the North Balcony will offer spectacular views for casual cocktails and mingling or sit down down dinners with prime space for parties up to 40 guests.
Photos courtesy of Lehigh Valley Live.