Pride in the Park
August 18, 2019
Held on the grounds of the JCC of the Lehigh Valley, Lehigh Valley's Pride in the Park festival is the region's premier outdoor event for the LGBT Community and allies. This year, Pride in the Park will host two stages, drag performances, KidsSpace, TeenSpace, an Artist Promenade, Gay Bingo, and the Pride Pub, in addition to retailers and food vendors.
Lehigh Valley Pride is proud to announce 2019 drag headliners including Silky Nutmeg Ganache & A'Keria C. Davenport of RuPaul's Drag Race Season 11.
Hours are noon - 6 p.m. Admission is $5; children ages 12 and under free; youth 14-21 can earn a free ticket to pride through participation in Project SILK.
New this year:
- Acoustic stage - celebrating LGBT musical artists
- Pride Rally - in homage to Stonewall50, Lehigh Valley Pride 2019 will kick off with a pride rally
- Sober-social space - there will be a designated alcohol-free space at Pride to allow those living in recovery to fully-participate
Returning this year:
- Queer Entertainment - Enjoy a full-day of celebration of LGBT arts and culture throughout the venue
- Artist Promenade - Engage with LGBT artists and crafters at Pride
- Project SILK Teen Space - Youth ages 14-21 are welcome to participate in space designed by and for LGBT+ teens
- KidsSpace - Crafts, games, and Drag Queen Story Hour at tent created for youth up to age 14
- The Pride Pub – Featuring locally-crafted mead from The Colony Meadery and more
- Drag Bingo - A full-day of charity bingo featuring drag performers and local celebrity bingo callers. Proceeds benefit Fighting Aids Continuously Together (F.A.C.T.)
- Faith Programming at Pride - pre-Pride morning worship services for Jewish and Christian community members
- Over 150 vendors including artists, retailers, and non-profit organizations
Pride in the Park is a smoke-free event. Smoking, vaping, juuling, and chewing tobacco are not permitted anywhere at the festival.