Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts
In order to minimize contact with the general public in response to the outbreak of the Coronavirus, Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites will close the Moravian Museum, the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts, and Visitor Center and Gift Shops effective Friday, March 13 and will suspend visits, walking tours, and programming through Sunday, March 22.
Please check their website for updates and more information.
Explore three centuries of style and design treasures at the Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts. Here, you can gaze at the petite wonders of one of the largest antique dollhouse collections in the country. Exquisite paintings, furniture, china, glassware, silver, and other historic artifacts are on display in Pennsylvania’s only museum dedicated to the decorative arts.
This museum is the passionate expression of its founder, local collector Annie S. Kemerer, and her love of beautiful objects. Exquisite Bohemian glass, fine needlework, tall case clocks, dolls, cast-iron toys, and landscape paintings are just some of the items exhibited here.
In 2006, the Kemerer Museum received the bequest of The Elizabeth Johnston Prime Dollhouse and Toy Collection. This world-renowned collection features 50 different types of structures including dollhouses, stores, safari scenes, room boxes, cupboard houses, stables, zoo buildings, and forts, plus thousands of furnishings, dolls, and figures to accompany them. The objects date from the 1830s to the 1930s and are primarily from Germany, England, Great Britain, and the United States.
Hours: Friday - Sunday, 11 a.m. - 4 p.m. Tours are held every hour. The last tour is at 3 p.m. If you are visiting Bethlehem mid-week, the museum is open by appointment only and plans must be made by calling Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites at 1-800-360-TOUR at least 48 hours in advance.
Admission Price: One-site Museum Pass is $10 for adults and $9 for children. If you want to visit some of the other museums, you can purchase a Multi-Site Museum Pass for $20 for adults and $12 for children. Under age 3 are free. Children pricing is for ages 4 - 17. Purchase your Museum Pass at the Historic Bethlehem Visitors Center.
- ADA Compliant:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Gift Shop:
- Green / Sustainable Practices:
- Live Entertainment:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Limited Elevator Occupancy:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Markings/Signage:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Exhibits Space
- Description Art, textiles, and history create a memorable ambiance for an intimate affair or social gathering. The Kemerer Museum is a one-of-a-kind destination sure to fascinate your discerning guests! Ideal for anything from a small wedding to a corporate retreat, the Kemerer Museum offers three distinct locations to accommodate a variety of capacities and layouts.
- Reception Capacity 70
- Space Notes Museum and Garden: 100 guests First Floor: 60 – 80 for a seated reception Second Floor: 60 – 80 for a seated Reception Chapel Garden: 55 standing or 27 sitting Cocktail Garden: 77 standing or 38 sitting
- Audio / Visual
- Off-site Catering Allowed
- Outdoor Banquet Space
- Number of Rooms 5