Dixon Street Dog Park
Located in Trout Creek Parkway near the intersection of Dixon Street and South Delaware Street, the park includes two pens on two acres, one pen for smaller dogs and one for larger dogs.
The project was made possible by a $25,000 grant from Pet Safe’s Bark for Your Park program! The City was the recipient of one of just five grants across the country for a new park. In addition, Pet Safe awarded Allentown $10,000 for dog park maintenance. Allentown is the only Pennsylvania municipality to receive any funding from the program.
All dogs must be licensed, current with shots and registered with the Parks and Recreation Office. Proof of residency, shot history, and dog license information must be submitted with an application. Once your application is submitted, reviewed, and approved, you will be given a key fob to access the dog park.
- Two dogs per handler are allowed in the park at one time. If you have more than two dogs, you must bring another handler.
- Dogs must wear collars displaying their tags.
- Dogs weighing less than 30 lbs. must use small dog area. Dogs weighing more than 30 lbs must use large dog area.
- Dogs under six months of age are not permitted in the park.
- Male dogs that are not neutered are not permitted in the park.
- Female dogs, while in heat, are not permitted in the park.
- No children under the age of 12 are permitted in the park.
- Children between the ages of 12 and 17 must be supervised by an adult.
- No alcohol, food, dog food, treats, glass containers or special toys are permitted in the dog park.
Dog licenses may be obtained at the following locations:
- Lehigh County Humane Society
640 Dixon Street
- Allentown Recycling & Solid Waste
641 S. 10th Street
For more information, visit the Dixon Street Dog Park website here.