Weekends: July 18-19 & 25-26, 2020
Drive-thru Pickups Weekdays: July 20-24, 2020
It's the 33rd Annual Blueberry Festival where tongues turn blue! This year, a new safe visitor format, The Blueberry To Go Market is a 9-day market open from 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. to visit onsite the weekends of July 18-19 and 25-26. Drive-thru pickups weekdays Monday-Friday, July 20-24 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., with Senior Hours from 9:00-10:00 a.m. at Burnside Plantation.
On weekends, bring the family out to visit Bethlehem's “farm-in-the-city” at Burnside Plantation. Pre-purchased tickets are required for COVID-19 Green Phase Guidelines. Admission for a 90-minute time slot is $3 for adults and $3 for children, including a take home craft bag with Moravian Paper Dolls, Burnside Butterflies, Cheerio Birdfeeders, and a word search and eye-spy activity. Parties of up to 5 people can reserve a picnic spot in the Apple Orchard or Lower Meadow by the Willow trees for $10. Picnic spots are first come, first serve. Ticket purchasers will receive exclusive access to our Heritage Trail mobile app that previews the Monocacy Link portion of the Heritage Trail.
Visitors can browse and shop items from a variety of hand-picked crafters and gourmet food vendors, and enjoy individually packaged blueberries pies. Individuals 21 and older can enjoy cans of beer from Fegley’s Brew Works including Blueberry Belch, local wines from Black River Farms, and a Blueberry Lemonade Crush from Xplorer Spirits produced by Kilimanjaro Distillery in Allentown. Want to bring even more blueberries home? Shop the Blueberry Shoppe, and pick up your favorite blueberry treats including salsas, jams, shrubs, jerky, syrup, coffee, pancake mix, whipped honey, vinaigrette, and more.
Weekend visitors will enjoy the tunes of local acoustic musicians throughout the grounds, including The Druckenmillers, The Old Time Jam, and Young at Heart Boys, demonstrations by Neverland K-9 Institute, outdoor games: cornhole, can jam, chess, take the Barn Tour, see colonial farm equipment, and visit the award-winning Colonial Garden and Pollinator Garden at the Burnside Plantation.
Weekend parking will be located for free at St. Luke’s Sports Medicine & Rehabilitation Center, 1441 Schoenersville Road, Bethlehem, PA 18018 with additional metered parking available on West Union Boulevard, adjacent to the entrance of the Monocacy Greenway. Entrance to Burnside Plantation is also bike friendly. All proceeds from this event help Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites to maintain 20 historic landmarks in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania.
Drive-Thru To Go: Weekdays!
Patrons are able to pre-order online and pick up all their favorite blueberry desserts this year including pie from Tombler’s Bakery, coffee cake and strudel from The Bakery Nook, and blueberry cookies from Backdoor Bakeshop. New this year are pre-packaged Blueberry Boxes, featuring the ever popular Blueberry Bonanza Box that includes one of each: pie, strudel, and coffee cake, a box of fresh fruits and produce from Bechdolt’s Orchard, a set of colonial kids games and crafts, and a box of treats and toys for your pup. Also available for pre-order are blueberry bushes to take home and plant in your own yard.
Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites operates this festival.
*select photography by Scott Piccotti
- Free Parking:
- Parking On-site:
- Group Friendly (10+):
- Live Entertainment:
- Reduced Occupancy/Occupancy Limits:
- Social Distancing Guidelines Enforced:
- Social Distance Furniture Configurations:
- CDC Recommended Cleaning Procedures:
- Masks Required-Staff:
- Masks Required-Guest:
- Masks Provided:
- Exhibits Space
- Description If your event calls for an outdoor location unlike any other in the city, look no further than the Burnside Plantation! Surrounded by beautifully landscaped gardens and towering trees, this space is the perfect setting for large events. Burnside's majestic scenery and rustic buildings make a beautiful backdrop for special events. The meadow’s spacious green area can accommodate up to 250 seated guests. *All outdoor locations MUST be tented. Tenting provided through Approved Vendors only.
- Reception Capacity 250
- Space Notes Maximum of 250 people for outside functions Maximum of 30 people standing or 15-20 seated in wagon shed Maximum of 80 people standing and 50-60 seated in barn
- Off-site Catering Allowed
- Outdoor Banquet Description All outdoor locations MUST be tented. Tenting provided through Approved Vendors only.
- Outdoor Banquet Space
- Number of Rooms 3