Master Makeup FX Artist Event
3 Time Emmy Award Winning Make-Up Artist, Josh Turi has been creating prosthetic makeup for nearly three decades. He is the Prosthetics Designer / Department Head for Marvel television. These shows include Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, Luke Cage,The Punisher, and The Defenders. Josh’s other credits include, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Men in Black 3, The Sinner, Sneaky Pete, and Orange is the New Black. Josh was a key makeup artist/shop supervisor for Saturday Night Live for 15 years.
Tips, Tricks & Secrets For Creating MakeUp Effects For Stage & Screen: A Special Makeup Seminar Event - One Day Only
Josh will be at Smooth-On in Allentown, PA to share his creative process. Class Size is Limited to maximize everyone’s learning experience. Must be 18 years or older to attend.
Josh will feature:
- Life casting - Materials and techniques, correcting a lifecast positive for sculpting
- Sculpting Prosthetics - Techniques for creating skin and other textures, creating cutting edges
- Molding and Casting - Mold and casting materials and techniques, encapsulants and transfers
- Application and Removal - Adhesive types, intrinsic coloration, airbrush and hand painting
- Effects for Film and TV Production - Dealing with various lighting situations, continuity and production redesigns.
- And much more!