Free Family Movie Series
Families can relax under the stars while watching some of their favorite films during the free Levitt Pavilion Summer Family Movie Series, starting May 26. It's presented by UGI Utilities, Inc. Attendees are invited to bring their blankets and lawn chairs to sit on. Free parking is available at the parking lots on First Street immediately adjacent to SteelStacks™; food and beverages will be available at the Mack Truck Stop at the Levitt Pavilion, as well as the ArtsQuest Center at SteelStacks, located across the street from the Levitt Pavilion.
All English films will have Spanish subtitles, and all Spanish films will have English subtitles. Movies begin at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 26 – Mary Poppins Returns (2018) (PG). Now an adult with three children, bank teller Michael Banks learns that his house will be repossessed in five days unless he can pay back a loan. His only hope is to find a missing certificate that shows proof of valuable shares that his father left him years earlier. Just as all seems lost, Michael and his sister receive the surprise of a lifetime when Mary Poppins -- the beloved nanny from their childhood -- arrives to save the day and take the Banks family on a magical, fun-filled adventure. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, June 1 – Buscando a Nemo (2003) En Español (G). Marlin (Albert Brooks), un pez payaso, es demasiado cauteloso con su hijo, Nemo (Alexander Gould), que tiene una aleta en escorzo. Cuando Nemo nada demasiado cerca de la superficie para demostrar su valía, un buceador lo atrapa y Marlin, horrorizado, debe salir a buscarlo. Un pez de arrecife azul llamado Dory (Ellen DeGeneres), que tiene muy poca memoria, se une a Marlin y complica los encuentros con tiburones, medusas y una serie de peligros oceánicos. Mientras tanto, Nemo planea su escape de la pecera de un dentista. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, June 2 – Finding Nemo (2003) (G). Marlin (Albert Brooks), a clown fish, is overly cautious with his son, Nemo (Alexander Gould), who has a foreshortened fin. When Nemo swims too close to the surface to prove himself, he is caught by a diver, and horrified Marlin must set out to find him. A blue reef fish named Dory (Ellen DeGeneres) -- who has a really short memory -- joins Marlin and complicates the encounters with sharks, jellyfish, and a host of ocean dangers. Meanwhile, Nemo plots his escape from a dentist's fish tank. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, June 30 – The Lego Movie (2014) (PG). Emmet (Chris Pratt), an ordinary LEGO figurine who always follows the rules, is mistakenly identified as the Special -- an extraordinary being and the key to saving the world. He finds himself drafted into a fellowship of strangers who are on a mission to stop an evil tyrant's (Will Ferrell) plans to conquer the world. Unfortunately for Emmet, he is hopelessly -- and hilariously -- unprepared for such a task, but he'll give it his all nonetheless. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, July 6 – The Emperor’s New Groove (2000) En Español (G). El arrogante y joven emperador Kuzco se transforma en llama por su consejera hambrienta de poder, la tortuosa diva Yzma. Varado en la jungla, la única oportunidad que tiene Kuzco de volver a casa y recuperar la buena vida reside en un campesino de buen corazón llamado Pacha. Juntos, deben devolver a Kuzco al trono antes de que Yzma los rastree y acabe con él. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 7 – The Emperor’s New Groove (2000) (G). Arrogant young Emperor Kuzco is transformed into a llama by his power-hungry advisor -- the devious diva Yzma. Stranded in the jungle, Kuzco's only chance to get back home and reclaim the high life rests with a good-hearted peasant named Pacha. Together, they must return Kuzco to the throne before Yzma tracks them down and finishes him off. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 14 – Onward (2020) (PG). Teenage elf brothers Ian and Barley embark on a magical quest to spend one more day with their late father. Like any good adventure, their journey is filled with cryptic maps, impossible obstacles and unimaginable discoveries. But when dear Mom finds out her sons are missing, she teams up with the legendary manticore to bring her beloved boys back home. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 21 – Paddington (2014) (PG). After a deadly earthquake destroys his home in Peruvian rainforest, a young bear (Ben Whishaw) makes his way to England in search of a new home. The bear, dubbed "Paddington" for the london train station, finds shelter with the family of Henry (Hugh Bonneville) and Mary Brown (Sally Hawkins). Although Paddington's amazement at urban living soon endears him to the Browns, someone else has her eye on him: Taxidermist Millicent Clyde (Nicole Kidman) has designs on the rare bear and his hide. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, July 28 – How to Train Your Dragon (2010) (PG). Hiccup (Jay Baruchel) is a Norse teenager from the island of Berk, where fighting dragons is a way of life. His progressive views and weird sense of humor make him a misfit, despite the fact that his father (Gerard Butler) is chief of the clan. Tossed into dragon-fighting school, he endeavors to prove himself as a true Viking, but when he befriends an injured dragon he names Toothless, he has the chance to plot a new course for his people's future. Watch the trailer.
- Tuesday, August 3 – Moana (2016) En Español (PG). Una adolescente aventurera se embarca en una atrevida misión para salvar a su pueblo. Durante su viaje, Moana conoce al una vez poderoso semidiós Maui, quien la guía en su búsqueda para convertirse en un buscador de caminos maestro. Juntos navegan a través del océano abierto en un viaje lleno de acción, encontrándose con monstruos enormes y probabilidades imposibles. En el camino, Moana cumple la antigua búsqueda de sus antepasados y descubre lo único que siempre buscó: su propia identidad. Watch the trailer.
- Wednesday, August 4 – Moana (2016) (PG). An adventurous teenager sails out on a daring mission to save her people. During her journey, Moana meets the once-mighty demigod Maui, who guides her in her quest to become a master way-finder. Together they sail across the open ocean on an action-packed voyage, encountering enormous monsters and impossible odds. Along the way, Moana fulfills the ancient quest of her ancestors and discovers the one thing she always sought: her own identity. Watch the trailer.