Easton Farmers' Market: Winter Market
Don’t let the cold weather stop you from eating fresh and local all winter long! Easton Farmers’ Market hosts its Winter Market from 10 a.m. to noon on the second and fourth Saturdays, January-April.
For the winter season, the Easton Farmers’ Market temporarily relocates to Church Street behind Easton Public Market, before it returns in May to its home in Centre Square.
Why eat local? According to Buy Fresh Buy Local of the Greater Lehigh Valley (BFBLGLV), the Lehigh Valley has lost more than 80 percent of its farms and 53 percent of farmland since 1930. Not only does shopping from locally-owned farms and businesses protect our land — it also helps the environment. Food grown within our area doesn’t have to travel as far — reducing the fossil fuels and packing materials needed to transport it greater distances. If that’s not enough, what about the fact that buying locally-grown food supports our economy?
According to BFBLGLV, if each household spent $10 a week on locally-grown or locally-produced food, it would add an extra $300 million to our economy. As an added bonus, any customer who attends all eight Winter Market dates will receive an Easton Farmers’ Market canvas market bag at the end of the season. Be sure to check in each week at the Info Tent to register.
Guests will find the following vendors at Winter Market each week:
- Apple Ridge Farm (sourdough bread, baked goods, pot pies, pastured pork, bone
- broth, winter soups and more)
- NEW! AquaSprout Farm (Aquaponically-grown butter head lettuce, summer crisp
- lettuce, baby romaine, curly kale, swiss chard, cherry tomatoes, basil, arugula and micro
- Breakaway Farms (pasture-raised meat & eggs)
- Flour Shop Bakery (breads, pastries, cookies and savory crostini)
- Farmstand Recipes (vegetarian soups, salads and snacks)
- Jersey Pickles (pickles, olives and other fermented treats)
- Primordia Mushroom Farm (largest selection of chemical-free mushrooms in PA)
- Scholl Orchards (apples, pears, root veggies and jarred items)
- Stagecoach Apiaries (raw honey and honeycomb)
Guest vendors will also make appearances throughout the season, including a visit from Earthy Edith (all-natural cleaning supplies) on Jan. 25.
To learn more about Easton Farmers’ Market, its vendors, programs and events, please visit eastonfarmersmarket.com. The 2020 season of Winter Market is sponsored by Capital Blue and Easton Hospital.