Beginner’s Photography Workshop
Families grow so quickly, and change so often. It’s why Jen Grima recommends booking a family session every year. But what about the other 364 days, when you can’t hire a pro? The everyday moments, big and small - it’s important to preserve those memories, too.
Jen Grima wants to help you take better photos of those moments. She wants to teach you how to unlock your camera’s potential. She wants to help you become your family’s historian. The memory keeper. The preservationist.
By taking this workshop, you will become comfortable with the following concepts:
- Fundamental DSLR elements: find out what all those buttons are, and what they can do for you
- ISO, aperture, & shutter speed: learn how to manipulate these three elements to gain complete control of your photos
- Composition: strategies to take your everyday images from basic to exceptional
- Depth of field & background blur
- Essential lenses & focal length
- How to achieve tack-sharp focus
- Essential lighting techniques.
Intimidated? Don’t be. This is a beginner’s course - no experience necessary! Jen Grima will break everything down into easy to understand terms, and she promises you’ll leave taking much better photos.
1:00 - 2:15: Educational workshop at Piece ‘a Cake Cafe
2:15 - 3:00: Outdoor hands-on practice at Macungie Memorial Park
Your ticket includes the two hour workshop, coffee, your choice of cupcake from Piece ‘a Cake in Macungie, Q+A with Jen both during and after class, and membership in the JGP Student Lounge Facebook group.