'Tis the season to deck the halls, and there's no better place to celebrate than in Lehigh Valley! Home to Bethlehem, 'the Christmas City,' you're sure to find activities to delight. From musical acts, to world-class holiday shopping, to scenic carriage rides, there is something for everyone.
But, the fun doesn’t come to a close after Christmas is over. Don’t miss family-friendly New Year’s Eve events such as PEEPSFEST™, where a giant PEEP® is dropped to celebrate the start of a new year.
While you're making your plans for the holiday season, be sure to cross off some of our Holiday Bucket List items.
Shopping & Sightseeing:
- Christkindlmarkt Recognized by Travel + Leisure® as one of the top holiday markets in the world, Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem showcases aisles of exquisite handmade works by the nation’s finest artisans, the heart-warming sounds of live Christmas music, delicious food and more. This annual market is located at SteelStacks™, a stunning, revitalized area of the former Bethlehem Steel plant and is open Thursdays - Sundays, November 20 through December 20. Travel packages featuring special rates on Christkindlmarkt admission and overnight accommodations are available at DiscoverLehighValley.com.
- Historic Bethlehem Museums & Sites In 1937, the city of Bethlehem, Pa. was deemed “Christmas City.” Historic Bethlehem’s Christmas walking and bus tours take visitors back in time to a simpler place. Enjoy a stroll through the charming downtown Bethlehem, complete with carriage rides and an outdoor shopping market.
- The Moravian Historical Society “Christmas in Nazareth” Enjoy a day of shopping, eating and family fun during Christmas in Nazareth on December 12. Families will enjoy an afternoon filled with activities for all ages. Partake in the Historic Nazareth Holiday Walking Tours that leave every hour from the Whitefield House and end at Nazareth Moravian Church. Carriage rides, photos with Santa, and much more are available at this annual holiday event.
- Holiday Open House & Peace Candle Lighting Kick off the holiday shopping season on November 28 with Downtown Easton’s selection of unique boutiques and specialty stores. Enjoy the sights and sounds of the season with live music, carriage rides, strolling street performers, ice carvers, and more treats to delight the whole family. A full day of merriment culminates in the grand lighting of Easton’s Peace Candle.
Holidays on Stage:
- Civic Theatre’s Performance of “A Christmas Carol” The Civic Theatre’s annual performance of “A Christmas Carol” has become a Lehigh Valley tradition. Don’t miss Charles Dickens’ classic tale of Ebenezer Scrooge’s transformation after he encounters the ghost of Christmas past, present and yet to come from December 4 through December 19.
- Touchstone Theatre’s Christmas City Follies Now in its 16th year, this annual variety show features hilarious antics and seasonal sweetness. Written and performed by the Touchstone Theatre Ensemble, audiences can expect something different at each and every show. Performances run December 3 - 20.
- The Nutcracker presented by the Repertory Dance Theatre Experience the magic of the holiday classic Nutcracker performed by Repertory Dance Theatre at Allentown’s Miller Symphony Hall with live music performed by the Allentown Symphony Orchestra. Performances for the 2015 season will be held on Saturday, December 12 and Sunday, December 13 at 2 p.m.
- Tony Orlando’s Great American Christmas Tony Orlando brings his acclaimed Christmas show, Tony Orlando’s Great American Christmas, to the Sands Bethlehem Event Center for a limited engagement of 12 performances running from November 30 to December 10. Enjoy classic favorites such as “Candida”, “Knock Three Times”, “Tie a Yellow Ribbon”, “Sweet Gypsy Rose,” and more.
Unique Light Displays:
- Koziar’s Christmas Village Koziar’s Christmas Village is as close to a winter wonderland as you can get, filled with over a million Christmas lights covering buildings, barns and all sorts of holiday landscapes adjacent to a beautiful lake reflecting the stunning lights. The Koziar family has been adding new features to this outdoor wonderland for 68 years. Koziar’s Christmas Village is open November 7 through January 2.
- Allentown Lights While the annual “Lights in the Parkway” display is on hiatus, visitors can enjoy Allentown Lights displays throughout the city at no cost. Locations of holiday light displays include Hamilton Street, between 10th and Sixth Streets, the Arts Park, Arts Walk, Cedar Beach Park and Andre Reed Park. Displays will be lit from November 28 through December 31.
- Winter Lights Spectacular Experience the magic of the holiday season as the Lehigh Valley Zoo is transformed into a winter wonderland where children can toss ‘snowballs,’ have their photos taken in giant snow globes, and enjoy milk and cookies with Santa. The second annual event will be open Wednesdays - Sundays, November 14 through January 3, excluding Thanksgiving Day and Christmas.
New Year’s Eve Fun:
- PEEPSFEST™ Celebrate the coming of 2016 with one of America’s favorite candies, the marshmallow PEEPS® at PEEPSFEST™ from December 30 - 31. Guests will enjoy live music, arts & crafts, movies, s’more making, photos with the PEEPS® Chick and much more! Don’t miss the dropping of the 4.5-foot tall, 85-pound lit PEEPS® Chick in front of the iconic blast furnaces of Bethlehem Steel to ring in the new year!
- Additional New Year’s Eve events can be found on DiscoverLehighValley.com.
For a full listing of holiday events in Lehigh Valley, please visit LehighValleyHolidays.com.