There's no food that welcomes the feeling of fall like freshly-picked apples. In Lehigh Valley, you'll find a number of locations offering locally-grown varieties, both in pre-picked and pick-your-own options. Before you head to the grocery store to stock up, consider paying a visit to one of these local pick-your-own farms, each offering the chance to head out to the fields and stock up on fall's sweetest treat.
No one celebrates the season quite as good as Grim's Orchards Fall Festival (9941 Schantz Rd., Breinigsville) from September 10 – October 30, 2022! Hop on a hayride to make your way to the orchard for apple picking, or opt for the perfect pumpkin in their spacious patch. Families will love additional activities including a corn maze, hay rides, and more. Pre-picked apples are also available at their roadside market, as well as their famous apple cider slushies. Yum!
For additional pick-your-own varieties, consider visiting these local farms throughout September and October:
- Bob White Acres (3879 East Mill Hill Rd., Coopersburg)
- County Line Orchards (9200 Kings Highway, Kempton)
- George Schmidt Berry Farm (5681 Berry Dr., New Tripoli)
- Gogle Farms (5017 Mulberry St., Coplay)
- Gulick's Fruit Farm (6317 Kaylor Rd., Bangor)
- Rodale Institute (611 Siegfriedale Road, Kutztown)
And while you can't pick your own at the following locations, we always recommend supporting local farm stands. Produce from these local orchards can often be found in area grocery stores.
- Bechdolt's Orchard (2209 Leithsville Rd., Hellertown)
- Juniperdale Farms and The Produce Crib (1050 Browntown Rd., Nazareth)
- Scholl Orchards (3057 Center St., Bethlehem)
Ready for even more fall fun? Check out more things to see & do this autumn.