- 2 lbs. turkey-chopped (see recipe below for roasted turkey breast)
- 2 lbs. filling (see recipe below for potato bread filling)
Yield: 40 fritters
Roasted Turkey Breast
- 7 to 8 lb. Turkey
- Golden Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 c. sun dried pesto
- 1 T. Cajun seasoning
- 1 T. Fajita seasoning
- 3/4 lb. sliced onions
- 1 carrot – rough chop
- 1/2 stalk celery leaves and ends
- 1 qt. water
- Once turkey has defrosted in brine remove, wash and pat dry
- Lift up skin and rub sun dried tomato pesto under skin
- Rub remaining pesto all over outer skin
- Add seaonings together and rub all over turkey skin
- Inject each turkey breast 2 timeswith sysco golden italian dressing
- In a roasting pan add chopped vegetables and half of water
- Place turkey on top. Breast facing up
- Add remaining water half way through cooking
- Cook in convection oven at 275 degrees for 3 ½ hours.
- Drain all pan juices in a container and save .
- Check with thermometer. Turkey doneness is 165 degrees.
- Let turkey cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing.
NOTE: LET TURKEY GET TO ROOM TEMPERATURE BEFORE PLACING IN OVEN
Bread Potato Filling
- 3/4 packs white bread sliced & diced
- 10 oz. celery and 1.5 c. water10 oz. diced yellow onion
- 1 oz. chopped parsley
- 6 oz. margarine
- 1/4 t. black pepper
- 3/4 t. poultry seasoning
- 1 T. chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 oz. chicken base
- 1.5 apple, peeled and diced
Yields: 3 qts.
- 1 c. milk
- 1 c. water
- .5 lb. Yukon Gold mashed potatoes
- In a large sauce pan add margarine, celery, onions, parsley and water. Cook over medium heat for about 30 minutes or until veggies are soft.
- Add all spices AND diced apples and cook for about 15 minutes.
- To make the mashed potatoes heat milk and water in a stock pot until it comes to a boil.
- Remove milk and water from heat and add Yukon gold mashed potatoes and whisk. Loose mashed potatoes is what we are trying to achieve.
- Add veggies and mashed potatoes to a large mixing bowl and start adding diced white bread.
- Mix white bread thoroughly and final product should be achieved.
- 1.5 qts. milk 10 eggs
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 10 oz. all-purpose flour
Italian bread crumbs
- 2.5 oz. iodized salt
- 3 lbs. Japanese bread crumbs
- 2.5 oz. curly parsley chopped, no stems
- 6 oz. parmesan, grated
- 2 oz. granulated garlic
- Mix filling with chopped turkey.
- Use #40 scoop to portion fritters.
- Roll fritters in flour, then egg wash, then Italian bread crumbs.