It's never too early to start planning for Thanksgiving.
And considering the number of searches for "What's open on Thanksgiving" that start in early October, it's time for us to help you with your options.
Some of those plans are invariably about shopping, but there are plenty of other things to do and you don't have to be a gourmet chef to enjoy a good Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving either. You can visit a restaurant with a chef, who will do all the cooking and cleanup for you!
Here are the places where you can eat, play and shop on Thanksgiving. (Check back, as we will update this as we get more information.)
Where to Eat on Thanksgiving Day
- Yianni's Taverna will be be open from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. featuring a pre-fixe menu and reservations are suggested.
- Hook Seafood & Grille in downtown Allentown will be open, reservations are suggested.
- Glasbern will be hosting a four course dinner from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
- blue is open with seating from noon to 7 p.m. with the regular dinner menu and additional seasonal Chef's features.
- Melt is open with seating from noon to 7 p.m. for a Family Style Thanksgiving Dinner.
- Dining at Sands Bethlehem
- Emeril's Chop House is open 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. with ala carte menu with nightly specials.
- Emeril's Italian Table is open 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. with ala carte menu with nightly specials.
- Burgers and More by Emeril is open 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. with nightly specials.
- St. James Gate is open 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. with nightly specials.
- Parkland Restaurant will be open from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. with a Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. with reservations required. (610) 432-2745
Where you can Eat & Play on Thanksgiving Day
- The Architects Golf Club will be open for a sit down dinner from noon to 4 p.m. reservations required and also offer take-out with all orders required to be placed by Nov. 22nd and pickup required by Wed. 25th. And as always, weather permitting, you can get a tee time and play a round of golf.
- The Grille at Bear Creek Mountain Resort will be open from noon to 9 p.m., last seating at 8 p.m. A limited menu of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with “Free” seconds, will be available. At 4 p.m. to close, the regular menu will also be available. Reservations are recommended.
- Pines Dinner Theatre presents "Christmas at the Pines." Dinner is served at 12:30 p.m. and the show begins at 2:00 p.m. Reservations are required, call the box office or order online.
Where to Play on Thanksgiving Day
- The Crayola Experience will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (Hours subject to change; check website for details.)
- Carmike Cinemas Promenade 16 will be open for a full slate of movies. The three biggest movies showing at that time will be The Peanuts Movie, Spectre, and The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part, 2 as well as many other options.
- Civic Theatre of Allentown will be open on Thanksgiving for one matinee and one evening film. Exact times and shows to be announced.
- Koziar's Christmas Village will be open Thanksgiving Night from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Stop by County Seat Spirits for a drink from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. (Hours subject to change.)
- Nightlife at Sands Bethlehem
- Paiza Lounge is open from 2 p.m. to midnight.
- Molten Lounge is open from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
- Coil Lounge is open from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
- Infusion Lounge is open from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Where to Shop on Thanksgiving Day
- Lehigh Valley Mall will be open from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. with special gifts for the first 50 shoppers through each mall entrance and entertainment all evening.
Where to Stay on Thanksgiving Day
Rooms at our many area inns and B&B’s and hotels and motels are subject to availability, so if you’re coming to town, or looking to get out of the house (or looking to get your family to stay elsewhere), make sure not to wait too long to book your room. Check out a few suggestions below.