It may seem early, but people have already started talking about their Thanksgiving plans. Some of those plans are invariably about shopping, but there are plenty of other things to do and you don't have to be a gourmet chef to enjoy a good Thanksgiving meal on Thanksgiving either. You can visit a restaurant with a chef, who will do all the cooking and cleanup for you!
Here are the places where you can eat, play and shop on Thanksgiving. (Check back, as we will update this as we get more information)
Where to Eat on Thanksgiving Day
- Buckeye Tavern will be serving a Thanksgiving buffet from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m. (It is highly suggested you call 610-966-4411 for reservations, before it is sold out!)
- blue grillhouse will be open for dinner from noon to 7 p.m. with their regular menu and a number of chef's features including their own classic Turkey Dinner with turkey, candied yams, cornbread, sausage stuffing, gravy and green beans.
- CORKED Wine Bar & Steakhouse will be open from noon to 6 p.m. with a limited holiday menu. Reservations are recommended.
- The Garden Grille & Bar at Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Bethlehem Airport will be open 6 a.m. to 10 a.m. for breakfast and 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. for dinner. No specials or limited menus at this time, but that could be subject to change.
- Golden Corral will be open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. serving a dinner menu.
- The Grille at Bear Creek will be open noon to 9 p.m. serving a turkey dinner with all the trimmings and other entrees, including the full dinner menu starting at 4 p.m.
- The Hamilton Kitchen & Bar will be open from noon to 7 p.m., with a themed menu for the holiday. Reservations are recommended.
- The Hanover Grande Ballroom at Best Western Lehigh Valley Hotel & Conference Center will be serving a Thanksgiving Buffet from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and reservations are required. 610-954-5006
- Melt Restaurant will be open for Thanksgiving favorites served up Family Style from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Shula’s Steakhouse will be open on Thanksgiving Day serving a full dinner menu from noon to 7:30 p.m., which also includes the optional turkey with all the trimmings that they add to the menu that day. They have a 3-course prix fixe offering starting at $39 for adults and $19 for children, with prices varied based on choice of entrée.
- Thyme Restaurant at The Architects Golf Club is open on Thanksgiving for dinner from noon to 4 p.m. Reservations are required for this meal presented tableside and served family style.
- Vintage Restaurant & Bar is open on Thanksgiving and offering a family-style Thanksgiving menu. Reservations are required. Contact Vintage Restaurant for reservations or more information.
- Yianni’s Taverna is open with a special Thanksgiving menu, in addition to their dinner menu. Reservations are recommended.
Where you can Eat & Play on Thanksgiving Day
- Revolutions will be open from 11 a.m. to midnight. Specials have not yet been announced, but they will be open for food and fun.
- Sands Bethlehem will be open, as it always is, 24/7, with slot machines and table games. The following restaurants and hours open on Thursday:
- Burgers and More by Emeril: 11 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Emeril’s Italian Table (a la carte & Thanksgiving menu): 4 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Emeril’s Chop House (a la carte & Thanksgiving menu): 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Paiza Lounge: 2 p.m. - midnight
- VIP Slot Lounge: 4 p.m. - midnight
- Molten Lounge: 6 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Coil Lounge: 11 a.m. - 2 a.m.
- Infusion Lounge: 6 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Steelworks Buffet & Grill: 8 a.m. - 2 a.m. (a la carte) 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. (Thanksgiving buffet menu)
- Green Leaf's: Closing at 6 p.m.
- Villa Italian Kitchen: Closing at 8 p.m.
- Croissanterie: Closing at 6 p.m.
- Far East, Mo Burger, Casa Java, and South Philly all retain normal Hours of Operation.
Where to Play on Thanksgiving Day
- Civic Theatre of Allentown will have Theatre 514 open for films. Show times have not been announced as of yet.
- Lehigh Valley Sporting Clays will be open from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., with it being necessary to be on the course by 11 a.m. and reservations are required for golf carts.
- Need to walk off some of the meal, or maybe take a pre-meal walk? Download the Heritage Trail tour and walk in beautifully historic downtown Bethlehem.
- Roadside America is open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. as a place to get out of your house and visit, or stop along I-78 during your travels.
- Crystal Cave is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Where to Shop on Thanksgiving Day
- The Crossings Premium Outlets will be open at 6 p.m. and will go straight through Friday at 10 p.m. Shoppers can sign up at their VIP Lounge for exclusive discounts and check their site for special sales.
- The Outlets at Sands Bethlehem will be opening at 8 p.m. for Moonlight Madness and will remain open until Friday at 11 p.m.
- Lehigh Valley Mall will be open from 6 p.m. to 1 a.m. Thanksgiving Day, and will then reopen Black Friday at 6 a.m.
Where to Stay on Thanksgiving Day
Rooms at our many area inns and B&B’s and hotels and motels are subject to availability, so if you’re coming to town, or looking to get out of the house (or looking to get your family to stay elsewhere), make sure not to wait too long to book your room.
[caption id="attachment_20852" align="aligncenter" width="605"] Don't Forget the Parade[/caption]