- eating Peep s’mores
- watching the carving of a Peeps ice sculpture
- taking pictures of the Peep Mobile
- the creativity and sheer whimsy of Peeps dioramas created by local school children (the photo above is of last year's winning diorama, "Museum of Modern Peeps," which was created by 12 students from Northern Lehigh High School; their prize ... they got to lower the giant Peep in Payrow Plaza at midnight! This year, in addition to the Scholatisic Diorama Competition, a Corporate Diorama Competition will also be held. That means even MORE Peeps dioramas to oogle over!)
There was also musical entertainment and a crafts area to engage Peeps fanatics of all ages, but my friends and I were anxious to check out the merchandise:
- plush Peeps chicks and bunnies
- Lenox chicks and bunny items (!)
- an assortment of t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and mugs promoting the marshmallow confection and other Just Born brands such as Hot Tamales, Mike & Ike, and Peanut Chews (my husband’s favorite, in dark chocolate)
We also bought some actual Peeps candy, including a new item: a chick-shaped chocolate-covered marshmallow (in both milk and dark chocolate options) that I predict will be a best seller.
After last year's experience at the two-day event, I am thrilled to see that Peeps Fest has become an annual event. Peeps Fest begins today (December 29) and runs through New Year's Eve.
Did you attend Peeps Fest last year? Do you plan to go this year?
This post was originally published December 31, 2009 and was written by Lehigh Valley InSite guest blogger Sybil Stershic, who also writes the Quality Service Marketing blog.