Back in August when I moved to West End Allentown, I knew it was a nice area with a lot to offer. Come to find out, there was much more than I initially realized. On any given day you can find something, anything, to do.
1. Food, food, food. Beer, beer, beer. There are several great bars/restaurants in the West End. Jack Callaghan's Ale House, The Tavern on Liberty & Stooge’s Bar & Grille are just a few in walking distance from my place, but the list goes on and on.
2. A fair with great fare. Back in September my roommate and I had the luxury of walking down to The Great Allentown Fair on a few nights. I have off-street parking and it’s not that far of a walk, plus if you've even seen the crowd you know that parking is hard to come by. A group of us even went to the Sugarland concert, which was amazing if I do say so myself!
3. Dessert anyone? Rita’s Italian Ice. Everyone loves Rita’s, a hop, skip and a jump down Tilghman and I’m set. Plus there's a Cold Stone Creamery a car ride away, if that's more your fancy.
4. Lights, Camera, Action! Civic Theatre has wonderful shows for our viewing pleasure. I've seen several there, most recently was "Rocky Horror Show." You can also catch a movie at Civic's 19th Street Theater.
5. "I lift things up, I put things down," Not only is there a Planet Fitness for me to workout at, but Cedar Creek Park is also just down the street. Now this is a bit of a stretch, but if I’m heading there it’s most likely to exercise so I might as well exercise on my way there and back. Plus if I’m feeling really ambitious I could bust out my bike.
6. School's out for summer! Lastly, if I decided to go back to school or just take a class or two. I have two of our 11 colleges/universities within minutes of me: Muhlenberg College and Cedar Crest College.
With all these delightful things to do it's a wonder I ever have time to leave my humble abode to venture elsewhere. Is it just me, or does everyone else have so many great things around their residence?