It is official! World Cup FEVER has gripped Lehigh Valley, PA and the only cure for this is more SoccerFest! That's what the crowds were saying and they were satiated by big news.
What was once a two weekend festival is now extended to encompass the remainder of the 2014 World Cup.
With that expansion, here's seven more things to know about #LVSoccerFest. (See the original six things to know about SoccerFest.)
- The Atmosphere:
- Before the knockout round, there are two more USA games; vs. Portugal on Sunday at 6 p.m. and vs. Germany at Noon on Thursday the 26th.
- Starting on Friday June 20th, SoccerFest will overlap with ¡Sabor! Latin Festival; full of food, family fun and music.
- USA v. Portugal on Sunday was to be the last game of the tournament! No more. The remaining games will be displayed on the Levitt Pavilion screen and PBS Public Media & Education Center’s screen.
- Sky Blue FC of the NWSL will have some players on hand June 21st from 3 - 5 p.m. to sign autographs. Some players who will appear, who may be in the Women's World Cup next year are; Caitlin Foord of Australia, Nanase Kiryu of Japan and Monica Ocampo of Mexico.
- And people say soccer is boring! This World Cup is on pace to be one of the highest scoring World Cup's of all time!
- Did I mention the Atmosphere?