Saturday night turned out to be a blast. I went to Penn's Peak in Jim Thorpe, just north of Lehigh Valley, to see the awesome Led Zeppelin tribute band Get the Led Out (GTLO). I've seen a few shows at Penn's Peak, including Asia, Dave Mason, the Little River Band and now GTLO twice. Because of the venue alone, I'd definitely go see them again!
Some of my favorite things about seeing a concert at Penn's Peak include:
- The price of the show tickets can't be beat, with tickets as low as $15 (mine was $23).
- With 1,800 seats on two levels and plenty of TVs for an up close an personal view of each performer, there's not a bad seat in the house.
- Roadies Restaurant has cool music-themed decor with some pretty good food. There's even some food available right on the show floor.
- There's plenty of access to the bars and it doesn't take a half hour to get a drink!
- It doesn't take an hour to get out of the place ... in fact, they just put in a new access road and it took less than two minutes to get out!
So, now I am debating what show I will see next at Penn's Peak. Perhaps Three Dog Night? Billy Squier? Maybe Howie Mandel? Or how about Almost Queen? Foreigner? The Tubes? Which one would you choose?