The holidays are blowing in, and there’s no better place to celebrate family togetherness and fantastic memories than Lehigh Valley. It’s just a short trip to discover everything that’s on everyone’s list this year. Enjoy the magic of Historic Bethlehem, our very own Christmas City, fantastic seasonal shows and shopping and bask in the glow of incredible light displays that could have been imported from the North Pole. Celebrate this season with us for holidays you’ll never forget!
We made the list, it’s yours to check out:
- Bethlehem Holiday Christkindlmarkt. A cornerstone of the holidays in the Christmas City, Christkindlmarkt Bethlehem has delighted almost one million guests from near and far with its mix of unique gifts, old-world charm and holiday cheer. A six-week long festival featuring hundreds of vendors, aisles of handmade works by the nation’s finest artisans, delicious food and charming holiday music, it’s the perfect place to liven up your holiday season—and get your shopping done, too! This year the festival will celebrate 22 years of holiday magic with more than 125 vendors each week, more than ever before.
- Bach Choir of Bethlehem. Founded in 1898, the Bach Choir of Bethlehem is the oldest, most prestigious American Bach Choir, attracting over 20,000 local, national and international visitors each year. Make the Choir’s Christmas Concerts on Saturday, December 12 at 8 pm and Sunday, December 13 at 4 pm part of your musical holiday adventures.
- Nutcracker Ballet. Don’t miss Lehigh Valley’s best rendition of “The Dance of the Sugarplum Fairies” this December. Presented by Pennsylvania Youth Ballet & World Class Professional Guest Artists, accompanied by the South Side Sinfonietta and a full children’s choir, this enchanting musical showcase is synonymous with holiday cheer. Shows take place on December 12 at 1 pm and 4 pm, and December 13 at 1 pm.
- “Allentown Lights." New this year, Allentown welcomes holiday visitors with light decorations and displays at neighborhoods and parks throughout the city. In addition to festive decorations, “Allentown Lights” will feature plenty of family-friendly events and programs throughout the holiday season, including beloved holiday movies, concerts, holiday vendors, youth activities, delicious food and beverage items and more! Free ice skating, too!
- Koziar’s Christmas Village. Celebrating its 68th anniversary, Koziar’s Christmas Village holds many titles, including “Best Outdoor Christmas Display in the World.” Take a walk in this ultimate winter wonderland that features more than a million Christmas lights decorating buildings, gift barns and the scenic landscape. There’s fun for the whole family: Enjoy the outdoor train display, photos with Santa, terrific shopping, delicious treats and holiday spirit galore!
- Christmas City Stroll, a walking tour of Historic Bethlehem. Bundle up and take to the streets for an enchanting stroll through Lehigh Valley’s own Christmas City. Certified guides in period dress will shed new light on beautiful downtown Historic Bethlehem's unique beginnings in 1741, the famous candles in every window, and the renowned Bethlehem Star.
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours. Make this one of your holiday traditions! These cozy, serene horse-drawn carriage rides through beautiful downtown North Bethlehem are the perfect way to enjoy the lights, sights, and sounds of Christmas City with your family and friends. Rides start Friday, November 27.
- Bethlehem Christmas City Village. The authentic German Weihnachtsmarkt, located in the heart of Bethlehem’s historic downtown shopping district along Main Street, is home to 35 wooden huts decked out for the holidays and filled with enticing gift ideas. Be sure to dig in to a brat with sauerkraut and warm up with a mug of hot mulled Gluhwein from Germany!