Ok, I admit it. I’m the mother of an 18 year old. I find that hard to believe because I really don’t feel that old. I still remember putting him on the kindergarten bus and yet next month he will be graduating from high school. It brings both tears of sadness and joy to my eyes. For those of you who think it’s over once your kid turns 18, ummm, let me tell you, it’s far from over. It may be a new chapter, but their need for their parents is probably just beginning, especially the way the world is today.
So, with Mother’s Day coming up this weekend and my son taking on a new chapter of his life, I’m thinking my time is coming for some awesome "payback" gifts to come. Not that his handmade cards and gifts weren’t the best. I’ve loved each and every one of them and still have plenty of them around the house. I would love even more just spending some quality time with him. I’m lucky if I get a, “hi mom” out of him anymore. It’s usually, “I need money.” Oh the joys of motherhood!
What would my ultimate Lehigh Valley Mother’s Day “payback” wish consist of? I’ll give you my top five choices (in no particular order):
1) A day at The Spa at Bear Creek Mountain Resort. I’ve yet to experience their spa, but it looks divine.
2) A limo for a day to carry me away to the wineries on the Lehigh Valley Wine Trail.
3) A gift card for the new Shops at The Sands. I’ve had the chance to briefly walk through the outlet stores and there are some that I just can’t wait to frequent.
4) A round of golf at one of Lehigh Valley’s finest courses. There’s too many to choose from, but Olde Homestead Golf Club would do the trick.
5) Dinner, preferably with him, at Glasbern. This is my all-time favorite Lehigh Valley spot!
If you’re a mom, how do you plan to spend your day? Will you be getting any of the above items? Have a super Mother’s Day to all of you moms out there.