The Great Allentown Fair has always been one of my favorite Lehigh Valley events. Whether it be the exhibits, music or great food, the Allentown Fair never seems to disappoint. The 2012 fair was special for me because I got to share the day with my niece Sammy (4 years old) and nephew Andrew (2 years old).
- According to Sammy, The Great Allentown Fair was a blast and she can’t wait for next year. Since the 2013 fair is still 50 weeks away, I have put together a list of some of Sammy’s favorite fair memories.
- The Midway – Sammy enjoyed her time on several of the smaller rides, with her absolute favorite being the trampoline. She just loved being able to bounce 20 feet in the air with not a care in the world.
- Fair Food – While Sammy is a bit of a picky eater, my nephew Andrew enjoyed the variety of fair food. His favorites were the fresh lemonade and fried Oreos. By the time he finished the Oreo, he was covered in powdered sugar.
- Animals – In between the rides, games and food, we also made time to see the animals. Sammy enjoyed seeing the sheep and ponies, but her favorite were the adorable bunny rabbits. She must have asked a dozen times if she could bring one home.
- The Fresh Beat Band – Sammy’s highlight of the night was the concert by The Fresh Beat Band. The group put on a great show and had her dancing the entire time. It was so much fun that even Andrew got in on the dancing.
Did your kids visit the 2012 Great Allentown Fair? What was their favorite memory?[gallery ids="11716,11717,11718,11719,11720"]