Memorial Day is meant to honor those who have given their life while fighting for our country. With this comes the unofficial start to summer and plenty of events and activities to celebrate.
- Mayfair Festival of the Arts will take place Thursday to Monday with tons of music, art and festival food. This Lehigh Valley tradition is perfect for anyone and everyone looking to celebrate Memorial Day weekend the right way. Children can enjoy hands-on art projects and performances while adults can enjoy browsing art galleries, demonstrations, and live music.
- The inaugural Festa Italiana will occur Friday, May 27 from 5 - 10 p.m. and Saturday, May 28 from 12 - 9 p.m. on Main Street and the Sun Inn Courtyard in Bethlehem. This is a free festival - you'll have the option to buy from food vendors along the way or purchase a food / wine passport to try all the delicious culinary options.
- The 4th Annual Memorial Day Festival at the Sands Bethlehem Event Center is sure to please everyone in the family. Enjoy outdoor fun with food trucks, children’s activities, local vendors, and live music beginning at 2 p.m. This year’s free concert features the Wailers at 6 p.m. inside on the Event Center stage.
- Lehigh Valley IronPigs play Louisville May 27 – 29 and Norfolk on Memorial Day. There’s nothing like partaking in America’s favorite pasttime to kick off the summer season.
- If you’re looking to cool off, you are in luck. Dutch Springs and Wildwater Kingdom will both be opening their doors for the season. Be sure to use our Dutch Springs coupon to get in on some savings!
- The Wind Gap Bluegrass Festival will be held May 26 – 29. There will be two stages showcasing regional and national acts, and more. If you purchase a weekend ticket, camping is free!
- It wouldn’t be Memorial Day without the Indianapolis 500. After watching the race, head to the Lehigh Valley Grand Prix to put your own skills to the test. Previous Indy 500 racers, Marco Andretti and Sage Karam, both have local roots from Nazareth and both have raced at the Grand Prix as well as The Greatest Spectacle in Racing.
- Memorial Day weekend for me always includes grilling up some barbecue. Stop at Peter Brothers Meat Market or one of our local farmers’ markets to pick up everything you need for your perfect Memorial Day cookout. Or, if your cooking skills aren’t up to par or your grill is in the shop, the options are endless on where to grab a bite to eat.