Did you notice the sun came out in Lehigh Valley on Saturday and Sunday? That was great news for people who had gotten a case of cabin fever. It was also good news for Celtic Classic; one of my favorite festivals.
I have been going to Celtic Classic for about 10 years and have always enjoyed seeing Bethlehem turn green for a weekend. The festival has so many great features, so I decided to share my Top 5 highlights from this year’s Celtic Classic.
1. Bagpipe Bands – These bands were performing all over the festival grounds. The highlight was the performance by the City of Bethlehem Pipe Band.
2. The Nutty Bavarian – Whether it's cinnamon glazed pecans or salted cashews, this booth never disappoints.
3. The Highland Games – The caber toss is my favorite of these games. It is amazing to see these athletes throw a 19 foot pole.
4. Demonstrations by the Wayside Farm Border Collies – These dogs are incredible at their craft, especially when they are able to herd a flock of ducks.
5. The Food – In my opinion food is the highlight of every Lehigh Valley festival, but Celtic Classic seems to offer some really unique options. This year’s meal was the Scottish Bar-B-Q from The Scottish Cottage. The pork was extremely tender and topped with a homemade sauce.
Did you make it to Celtic Classic? What was your favorite part?