Okay, I'll say it. I love the summertime just as much as the next person, but there's just something about the fall that breathes some fresh life into me. The crisp feel of the air, pumpkin spice everything, boots and sweaters - I can't get enough of it. And here in Lehigh Valley, there are plenty of ways to take advantage of the best (okay, that's just my opinion) season of the year.
These five activities are a must for any autumn bucket list!
- Pick your own apples & pumpkins. Whether you've got pies on the horizon, or just need a pumpkin to create the perfect jack o'lantern, there's nothing like heading out to the fields to pick your own from the patch. There are tons of places that offer pick-your-own options throughout the region, but Strawberry Acres & Grim's Orchard Fall Festival top our list of favorites.
- Test your internal GPS in a corn maze. Ready to test your sense of direction? Get out and explore some of Lehigh Valley's most challenging corn mazes - arguably the best way to hit your 10,000 steps when the leaves turn crisp. Round up your buddies and check out the mazes at Seiple Farms, Unangst Tree Farm, and Raub's Farm Market.
- Sample some seasonal brews. Pumpkin, Oktoberfest, and so much more - the breweries of Lehigh Valley offer plenty of unique beer options for the fall season. Go big & bold with pumpkin options from Fegley's Brew Works and Weyerbacher Brewing Company, or take it a bit more mild with a chai-infused brew (fondly known as Falliage) from Funk Brewing Company. Head to the Lehigh Valley Ale Trail to see a full list of local breweries.
- Take in the scenery. By car or by foot, there are plenty of ways to admire the beautiful foliage when the time is right. Hop in the car and take a leisurely drive along the Lehigh Valley Covered Bridge tour, where you'll get a glimpse of seven stunning structures. Or, lace up those hiking boots and hit the trails. You'll find top-notch views from atop Hawk Mountain, the Trexler Nature Preserve, and Lehigh Gorge State Park.
- Explore the things that go bump in the night. Looking for some spooks? Lehigh Valley is home to a number of locations that are rumored to have a few friendly haunts. Investigate the Historic Haunts of Downtown Bethlehem with walking tours sponsored by the Moravian Book Shop. Or, head to Dorney Park Halloween Haunt where the ghouls and goblins come to life for a terrifyingly good time.
To stay up-to-date on all things fall in Lehigh Valley, be sure to check out our Autumn Adventures & Frightening Frolics page which includes listings for special events, deals & discounts, and more.
And while you're out exploring, be sure to tag your photos using #LiftYourSpiritsDLV for a chance to be featured or win prizes. Full details & official rules are available here.