Discover Lehigh Valley is closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and is staying in close contact with our partners and industry leaders including the State of Pennsylvania, the U.S. Travel Association, Destinations International, and both Lehigh and Northampton Counties.
Below, we've created a resource to house closures of attractions, cancellations of events, etc. We'll do our best to keep this list as up-to-date as possible to serve as a resource for those in the region but please note that this list may not be fully inclusive.
Our team will continue to update this page as information becomes available. If your place of business is altering operating hours or you've cancelled a major event, please feel free to contact Alicia Quinn with details.
Travel advisory: As a temporary safety measure, the Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission (PTC) is no longer accepting cash and credit cards; All tolls will be assessed electronically via E-ZPass or the PA Turnpike TOLL BY PLATE program. Read more from the PTC.
Governor Wolf's Phased Reopening Plan for Pennsylvania
Lehigh and Northampton counties have begun easing into the green phase of Governor's Wolf's phased reopening plan for Pennsylvania.
Restaurants are continuing to offer take-out and delivery options, in addition to the outdoor dining (if applicable) and in very few cases, controlled indoor dining.
- The following Visitors Centers will be closed until further notice:
- SteelStacks Visitors Center in Bethlehem (SouthSide)
- Historic Bethlehem Visitors Center (Main Street)
- Sigal Museum in Easton
- America On Wheels Museum in Allentown
- Visitors Center & Museum at Martin Guitar remains closed until further notice.
Event Postponements & Cancellations
- The Baum School of Art will be closed until further notice. All classes and activities are cancelled.
- The 2020 Bethlehem Bach Choir Festival has been cancelled, but an online Tune-In is being broadcasted.
- At the Bradbury-Sullivan LGBT Center, all in-person programs and services for adults are cancelled until further notice. Most supportive services and the community book group are offered in virtual formats.
- The Civic Theatre of Allentown has put all performances and film showings on hold. Updated schedules will be announced.
- The DCI Eastern Championship, scheduled for July 31 - August 1, 2020, has been cancelled.
- The Great Allentown Fair has been cancelled for 2020.
- Toby Keith and Carrie Underwood 2020 concerts have been rescheduled to 2021.
- The Super Gigantic Garage Sale originally scheduled for March 14-15, 2020 at AgriPlex at the Allentown Fairgrounds has bene postponed to November 21-22, 2020.
- Godfrey Daniels has postponed all events until further notice.
- The Lehigh Valley Food & Wine Festival has been cancelled for 2020.
- The Lehigh Valley IronPigs will have a cancelled their 2020 season.
- The Moravian Historical Society has cancelled all public programs and events until further notice.
- Muhlenberg College has cancelled its Summer Music Theatre program for 2020.
- The 2020 Pennsylvania Youth Open Bowling Tournament has been cancelled until further notice.
- The Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival has cancelled its 2020 season.
- The PPL Center is closed until further notice; many events are in the process of being rebooked/scheduled.
- The Schnecksville Fair has been cancelled for 2020.
- Spring on the SouthSide, originally scheduled for April 18, has been postponed to September 19, 2020.
- At the State Theatre Center for the Arts, the following shows have been postponed or cancelled.
- Red Hot Chili Pipers has been postponed to March 11, 2021.
- Dancing with the Lehigh Valley Stars has been cancelled.
- The Fab Faux has been postponed to Sept. 12, 2020
- One Night of Queen has been postponed. New date TBD.
- The Daily Show Writers Comedy Tour has been postponed. New date TBD.
- The Orchestra: Former Members of ELO has been postponed. New date TBD.
- Ringo Starr and his All Starr Band will be postponing their 2020 Tour to 2021. The Easton performance will move from June 6, 2020 to June 7, 2021.
- The Wind Creek Bethlehem Event Center and Box Office will be closed until further notice. New dates for schedules events will be announced as they are available.
- Zoellner Arts Center is cancelling Guest Artists, Music Department and Department of Theatre events until further notice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Discover Lehigh Valley have a message to visitors?
Our team is working diligently to keep up-to-date on the latest news surrounding COVID-19. Visitors to Lehigh Valley — or any destination — are encouraged to always exercise healthy travel habits when traveling and to follow guidance issued by official sources of public health information. We will continue to follow guidelines from regional public health officials and elected officials, as well as with national travel associations, and will actively communicate with our community.
I have a questions about an event that isn't on this list. Who should I contact?
While we've tried to make this page as inclusive as possible, there are bound to be some things that have slipped through the cracks. If you're unsure about the status of an event or business, we always recommend giving them a call to learn the most up-to-date details. If you know of something that we're missing from our list, please do let us know.
Are there additional resources for tourism industry partners including hotels, restaurants, and attractions?
Yes. We've compiled a page that will house resources from industry leaders including Destinations International, the U.S. Travel Association, the American Hotel & Lodging Association, the National Restaurant Association, and more, along with the State of Pennsylvania, the CDC, and others. We'll continue to update this page as more information becomes available.
I have additional questions. Who can I contact?
Please feel free to contact Alicia Quinn, VP of Marketing & Strategic Alliances