When I moved into Lehigh Valley eight years ago, I was introduced to the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market by some friends. This was the first time I had ever seen a farmers market that had such a wide variety of vendors. There was the Kiffle Kitchen Bakery, Clover Hill Winery, New York Pickle and Mr. Bill’s Poultry Market. Since then, I visit the farmers market at least once a month.
The highlight of every visit is a stop at Clover Farms. They are known for a variety of meats including Thai chili pork chops, shish kabobs, meatballs, brisket and twelve types of sausage; however my favorite items are their specialty burgers.
Clover Farms features 26 varieties of burgers including Paris, Ring of Fire, Godfather and DaVinci. Each burger is made with ground beef and the freshest ingredients. My top 5 favorite burgers are:
- Mama Mia - pepperoni, sundried tomato and mozzarella cheese
- Santa Fe - green and red peppers, onion, sundried tomato and pepper jack cheese
- Torino - basil, garlic and gorgonzola cheese
- Backyard Blue - bacon and gorgonzola cheese
- American - mushroom, onion and American cheese
Who is your favorite vendor at the Allentown Fairgrounds Farmers Market?