- eating Peep s’mores
- watching the carving of a Peeps ice sculpture
- taking pictures of the Peep Mobile
- the creativity and sheer whimsy of Peeps dioramas created by local school children (the photo above is of the winning diorama, "Museum of Modern Peeps," which was created by 12 students from Northern Lehigh High School; their prize ... they get to lower the giant Peep in Payrow Plaza at midnight!)
There was also musical entertainment and a crafts area to engage Peeps fanatics of all ages, but my friends and I were anxious to check out the merchandise:
- plush Peeps chicks and bunnies
- Lenox chicks and bunny items (!)
- an assortment of t-shirts, hoodies, hats, and mugs promoting the marshmallow confection and other Just Born brands such as Hot Tamales, Mike & Ike, and Peanut Chews (my husband’s favorite, in dark chocolate)
We also bought some actual Peeps candy, including a new item: a chick-shaped chocolate-covered marshmallow (in both milk and dark chocolate options) that I predict will be a best seller.
Peeps Fest is a new event in Lehigh Valley that, tonight, is being held in conjunction with the First Night Bethlehem celebration. After yesterday's experience at the two-day event, I hope Peeps Fest will become an annual event.
This post was written by Lehigh Valley InSite guest blogger Sybil Stershic, who also writes the Quality Service Marketing blog.