We're officially down to the Sweet Sixteen, with upsets and close calls, there are plenty of favorites and underdogs left dancing in Lehigh Valley Lunacy.
The Second Round Recap:
- #9 Lehigh Valley Zoo pulled off a huge upset of #1 Seed Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom by a mere 12 votes.
- #13 America on Wheels continues its Cinderella run getting past #12 Da Vinci Science Center.
- #3 Crayola moved into the next round by squeaking past #11 Becky's Drive-In.
- #2 Lehigh Valley IronPigs took down #7 The Velodrome and look to be the favorites in Play going forward.
- #1 Bear Creek and #2 Sands Casino Resort both handily moved into the next round.
- In a battle of Inns and B&Bs #5 Sayre Mansion narrowly beat #4 Glasbern.
- A dark horse as a #3 Historic Hotel Bethlehem moved on the next round. Their matchup with #2 Sands Casino Resort will be something to watch.
- #9 Sette Luna took care of #16 Taste of Italy who defeated #1 Asia in the First Round.
- #4 Allentown Brew Works survived a tight game to move past #12 Tilted Kilt.
- #7 Apollo Grill moves on with a win against #15 Copperhead Grille - Allentown who defeated #2 Valenca.
- In the most competitive match in Round Two, #3 Yocco's hangs on in a back and forth affair over #11 Dunderbak's.
- In the Battle of ArtsQuest, #1 Musikfest moves on over wintertime favorite #8 Christkindlmarkt.
- #5 Das Awkscht Fescht overruns #4 Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival's early lead to move forward.
- In the contest for "Who wants a drink?" #3 Celtic Classic holds off a charging #11 Oktoberfest to take the beer!
- In a battle of Allentown Festivals, #2 The Great Allentown Fair takes out #7 Mayfair Festival of the Arts.
Remember winners will be chosen by public vote. Vote as often as you’d like, remember the more you vote, the better your chances of winning. This time around you must vote for each match-up.
Sweet 16: March 13 – 17 (Family four pack to Lost River Caverns) Elite 8: March 18 – 22 (Two passes for Pocono Whitewater) Final 4: March 23 – 27 (Four passes for Paintball at Skirmish USA) Championship: March 28 – April 1 (Overnight stay at the Holiday Inn Center City Allentown, including breakfast for two and parking.)
Thank you for participating. The Elite Eight will start at noon on March 18th.