The Schnecksville Fair is one of my favorite small town events. This year it will run from June 20 – 25, 2016. The fair is open Monday – Friday from 5 – 11 p.m.; Saturday 3 – 11 p.m. Admission is $9 for anyone over 32”; $5 Seniors (62+). Admission includes parking, all rides, all entertainment, and all exhibits and shows. That’s a hard deal to pass up for a fun night out with the family, or a date night with your special someone.
Here are some of my must see and dos at this year’s fair:
- The most amazing fireworks display in Lehigh Valley happens on Friday, June 24 fireworks at 10 p.m. Trust me, you won’t want to miss this one.
- Some of the most talented individuals with chainsaws will awe you with their creations made from 3 – 4 foot logs. Catch the Master of the Chainsaw, Monday – Friday from 6 – 8 p.m. Their shows last about 45-minutes and are sure to delight.
- Your admission includes entrance to about 22 rides. I know I love the burlap slides!
- Have a meal at the Fire Company Café and the proceeds go directly to the company. My favorite is the Thursday night Pork & Sauerkraut meal with mashed potatoes. And, don’t forget, you can pair that with a beer from the Beer Garden!
- Cross something off your bucket list by taking a hot air balloon ride. Advance reservations are needed and there is a fee of $195 per person. This is also weather pending.
- Have you ever seen a quarter midget race? Make sure you check out these spectacular kids during the Keystone Quarter Midget Club Races. It’s free for spectators. The races will be held Tuesday and Thursday at 6:30 p.m.; Saturday at 4 p.m.
- One of the big areas of any fair is the animal judging. Check out the livestock, rabbit and cavy areas and you can even visit the petting farm.
- Enter the kids in the annual pedal tractor pull contest. Kids that weigh between 35 - 100 lbs. and that are 5 – 12 years old can participate. The pedal tractor is provided. The event is Saturday at 6:30 p.m. and cash prizes are awarded. My son has a ribbon from when he was this age!
- Work off a little of the food and libations at the stage area by dancing to some great tunes with the live bands. There’s a band Tuesday – Saturday at 7 p.m.
- Try to win a ribbon and a little cash by entering into one of the contests! Think you have the best apple pie or chocolate cake around? Does your garden grow the best beans? Maybe it’s an awesome Lego creation? Or you’ve drawn the best pastel picture in town. This is just a small sampling of the things you can enter into the Fair. So, go ahead, be creative. Put your knowledge to the test and go head-to-head with some of the best in the region.